45.

"I took you home,
Sat you on the glass,
I pulled off your wings,
And I laughed..."

-
Harry's POV:

She looked so beautiful laying in the passenger seat.

She had been sleeping since we left the diner, but I didn't mind the quiet, and I knew she was usually exhausted after panic attacks.

I tried my best to bring her down in the bathroom.
I had never really experienced that with anyone before, so I just hoped I had done good with helping her.

I really had no idea what I was doing, but I hated seeing her like that. Of course I would be the type of person to make it about me, worrying that I fucked up somehow.

I had already made a call about the waitress. I wanted to know any information I could find. I wanted to know why she was there in that diner of all places.

For some reason pin pointing where her father had proven to be harder than I expected, which worried me. It was strange for someone to be so hard to find.

I would never kill him, because I knew that would hurt Cali, but I wanted to make sure he wasn't going to show up at my bar uninvited. I knew if he showed up I wouldn't be able to hold metaled back. That fucking bastered deserved to get his face knocked in for all the shit he put her through.

I looked down, hearing my phone buzz in the cup holder. I answered it quickly, not wanting the noise to wake her.

"Hello." I tried to speak quietly.

"Hey." Zayn, spoke on the other end of the phone.

"What you got?" I asked, hoping he had found something.

Zayn was usually pretty good at finding dirt on people.

"The waitresses name is Lidia Jones, and she did live in Georgia, but recently moved to California a couple months ago to peruse her acting career. There wasn't anything too fishy about her other than a DWI from a few years back." He sighed before finishing, "As for her Dad- nothing."

"Damn," I huffed, "Keep looking."

"Alright."

"What about Cyrus? Are you sure you have it all figured out?" I asked, checking that everything was going to plan for the hundredth time.

"Yes Styles- Niall sent him on a wild goose chase."

"Okay, call me if you find anything else."

"Will do."

I hung up the phone, putting it back down in the cupholder, before grabbing the pack of Marlboro golds. I usually smoked reds, but I saw the gold in her nightstand drawer, and figured I would get them for her. I put the cig between my lips, lighting it, before taking a drag.

I took my eyes off the road, glancing over at her every once in a while. She looked so peaceful laying there.

I knew whatever Niall had done to keep Cyrus busy wasn't going to last forever. I just needed some time to figure out what to do.

I had to keep her safe.

No matter what.

CALI'S POV-

I basically slept through the whole drive, but I would be lying if I said I was surprised. With the amount of alcohol I had consumed that weekend mixed with the amount of trauma I had went through really took a toll on me mentally and physically.

When we finally got home, I hopped out of the car quickly, getting one last look at the bullet hole in the metal at the top of the windshield, before closing the door behind me. It made me sick to my stomach every time I caught a glimpse of it.