51.

"I want to go home,
I'm sick."

-
I stood there, staring at a cherry red vintage thunderbird, sitting in the middle of the storage unit.

Harry backed up slowly, so that he was standing beside me, obviously shocked too. That was only the first thing that caught my eye, but I let my eyes wonder across the rest of it.

There was a sleeping back on the floor, along with quite a few empty food wrappers, and it looked like must have been sleeping there. There were shelves filled with a few random things, some I remembered from the house. There were quite a few old liquor bottles, some half full, others empty.

Then I saw it.

On the back wall there was a cork board filled with pictures of me, and maps. It was like he had been stalking me. He had pulled every picture off of my social media he could, and there was red marker all over all of them, like he was trying to direct everything. He was looking for me, and it wasn't a joke.

"Oh my god." I muttered, in shock.

I didn't even know what to do, or what I was looking at.

Why would he leave all this shit for me?

I took a step inside, placing my hand on the car, running my hand over the hood. I walked around to the side, dodging the garbage. I looked inside, running my eyes over the upholstery, looking at the red lining on the seat. I opened the door, leaning down to look at the side of the door.

Fuck.

There it was, carved into the leather.

O+M

It was my moms.

"It's the same one." I said, standing up, slamming the door.

"What?" Harry asked, slightly confused.

"The thunderbird. Its the same one- my moms. I thought he lost it." I replied.

It looked exactly like I remembered it. Surprisingly in good condition.

"Give me the keys." I said, holding my hand out to Harry.

"What?" He asked.

"The keys." I repeated.

He listened the second time, placing them in my hand. I walked around to the drivers side, getting into the car in a hurry. I placed the keys in the ignition, starting it, surprised it was actually running. I pulled out of the unit enough to be able to close the door behind me.

"Get it." I ordered, turning to Harry.

"Cali-" I cut him off.

"Get in." I repeated, not really in the mood for him to argue.

He stood there for a second, just looking at me, before walking out of the unit. He closed the door, not bothering to lock it. I didn't care much about anything else inside so it didn't really matter.

He got in the car, not saying anything. I started driving, passing the rental car we had left behind in the parking lot.

We drove back into town, and I couldn't help but laugh a little as I got confused stares from people on the street.

"There's the diner I worked at."

It was only a few miles down from my favorite diner, but don't be mistaken, they were very different from one another. I always hated that place. It looked a lot more run down than when I had worked there. I couldn't say I was surprised, the owner was a cheapskate who never cared enough to clean anything up.