43.

"Swim with me,
I think I can see the beach..."

-

I turned so I could glance back at Harry, as I held his hand, guiding him down the stairway.

"I still don't want to understand why you want to be down here with all these people." He complained, looking around the room like it was the last place he wanted to be.

"Because, I've been stressed out the past few weeks, and I just want to have some fun with you." I said, weaving through the sea of people.

It took a lot of convincing for him to go back downstairs with me. Of course the first excuse was that it was to dangerous for me to be around all those people that none of us knew, but I assumed the real reason was because he was to embarrassed to go back out and talk to Niall.

Everyone around us seemed to move out of our way very fast once that got a good look at Harry. I assumed word traveled fast about him punching Niall, and no one was really wanting to be his next victim.

I led him out to the patio, where the outside bar had been earlier, knowing thats where the alcohol was. I felt like there, I could finally have a drink without worrying.

The rest of the boys were right where we had left them, scattered in different places on the patio, doing their own thing.

Niall seemed fine. He had two girls on each side of him, who seemed to be utter distrust over his wounds, and planned to nurse him back to health. He was drinking strait out of a bottle of vodka, between serving others drinks, and making conversation with the ladies hanging off his arm.

I made my way up to the bar, Harry still behind me as I did.

"Could you make me a drink?" I asked, flashing him an apologetic smile.

"Oh I don't know- is your body guard going to try and hit me again?" He joked, obviously still a little bitter.

I turned, glancing back at Harry, knowing that remark had probably pissed him off.

He stepped up to the bar obviously wanting to get closer to Niall, and I couldn't lie I was a little scared that he was actually going to hit him.

"Look Niall, I'm sorry. I overreacted- I shouldn't have hit you."

My eyes went wide. To my surprise, he apologized.

Both Niall and I glanced at each other in shock, before turning our attention back to Harry. I think that was truly one of the last things either of us had expected from him.

"Uh- I um," I could tell he wasn't sure what to say, and I figured that meant Harry didn't usually ever apologize after incident like that one, "Its- Its okay. I'm sorry too mate. I shouldn't have thrown a party when you told me not to."

"Yeah you shouldn't have- but now that all of these people are here, so let's have fun- yeah?" I spoke up, wanting to get past all of the arguing, while also not wanting to be sober any longer.

"Give her a drink." Harry ordered, nodding towards me.

"Alright tequila or Vodka." Niall questioned, holding up both bottles in either hand.

"Okay, shot of vodka- and then a vodka cranberry." I answered, looking across the table to see what all he had on hand.

"Make that two shots- and do you have the whiskey I like?" Harry asked.

"There's some old shit at the bottom of the rack- figure you might like it." Niall replied, pouring my drinks.

Harry walked around the bar, leaning down to grab a nice glass canister, filled with a dark brown liquid. I watched as he opened it, sniffing whatever was inside, I guessed to see if it was any good. It must have been, because I watched as he poured himself a glass, before making his way back over to my side of the bar.