48.

"Didn't they tell us,
Don't rush into things,
Didn't you flash your,
Green eyes at me..."

-

"Are you feeling anything yet?" Harry asked, kneeling down in front of me from where I was sitting on the couch.

"I don't know- what is is supposed to feel like?" I questioned, not really having any previous experiences with psychedelics before.    

"You'll know when it hits you." Niall said, laughing a little as he spoke.

Wow. Thank you, that makes me feel so much better.

"Why don't I just take you upstairs and you can sleep it off?" Harry asked, his hands squeezing my thighs slightly.

"No- I want to stay. I told myself I was going to have fun tonight." I was determined, "it can't be that bad, people do it all the time right?"

I looked in Harry's direction as he rose up from where he was kneeling on the floor, and as he stood,  it hit me. I blinked hard as I tried to stop my vision from blurring, but when I opened my eyes he didn't look the same. He just kept going up.

Everything seemed super vibrant, and Harry seemed almost slurred, like he was moving slower than usual but fast at the same time.

"Shit." I mumbled under my breath.

"Yup- she's feeling it." Niall said, taking a drink out of whatever was in his tea cup.

Everything seemed much brighter and louder, as the sounds in the room almost swelled. I placed my hand on the couch, trying to get some grasp of what was going on, hoping to ground myself. I looked down at the surface of the couch, the velvet now feeling very different from what I remembered. I took in a deep breath as I ran my hand across the fabric, gasping at how soft it was, but then laughing a little at how it felt on my skin.

"You okay Peach?" Harry asked, placing his hand on my knee.

I quickly turned my head, darting my eyes to where his hand was. He pulled away, obviously worried by my reaction. I grabbing his hand, holding it in mine, his skin also feeling way softer than usual.

"I'm great." I answered, with a wide smile.

"Oh yeah- no mate, she's gone." Niall spoke, as he watched us.

I stared of past Harry, focused on the wall right being his head. The lights were reflecting off of the drawings on the wall, but I couldn't make much of it out, because it seemed like they were melting right off. A few of them danced off the surface, almost like they were coming off the wall.

I stood up quickly, letting go of Harry's hand as I walked past him. I headed towards the dancing drawing, stopping right in front of them as I watched the colors drip down.

Either they were really cool lights, or I was tripping.

I reached my hand out, touching the surface, but my hand was distorted too. I pulled back quickly, once I got a good look, caught a little off guard by the sight of my hand blending in. After a moment, I slowly put it back in the wall. I could feel myself touching the surface, but it was different. It was cold, and my hand tingled. It didn't feel how it looked which threw me off a bit.

"Cali baby, what are you doing?" Harry asked, coming up behind me.

"Looking at the wall." I answered, "Don't you see that? It's all squiggly."

"Squiggly huh?" He said, speaking softly.

Even under the influence, I could tell Harry was worried, and it made me uneasy. I turned to face him, grabbing his face in my hands, as he peered down at me shocked.