Chapter 6

My head is spinning, my heart is going way too fast for it to be normal, my palms are sweating, and I'm going to convulse at any moment now.

What is happening to me? Well, I should know. I'm a doctor. Just a general doctor, specializing in physical therapy, but still; a doctor.

My lips are on Ronaldo's and I would have never imagined this happening in thousands of years, but it's happening. I'm just plain old Abril. Not his ex-girlfriend, Irina Shayk. I'm what you call the opposite of her. She's tall, I'm short. Her blue eyes, my brown ones. She has no cellulite, and I have too much. I'm absolutely not supermodel material.

You may think I'm exaggerating, but I mean, Cristiano Ronaldo Dos Santos Aveiro is fucking making out with me! Wouldn't you react the same way?

I pulled away and blushed again. God, I do that a lot around him. "Well then..." I whistled. There was an awkward silence around us. "I'm gonna go to sleep." I said, awkwardly, standing up.

"Wait." He stopped me before I could reach the door and in a matter of seconds he was right beside me, crutches underneath his armpits, "I have a question before you go."

"Yeah?" I bit my lip. It was a habit I had formed in middle school when I was anxious or nervous and hasn't gone away since.

"What are we?" He asked, sounding curious.

I had no idea, so I answered the best I could, "Let's just let time decide for now and later, we'll decide."

He nodded and left for the bed, but before he could reach it, I gathered up all my courage, which is not that much by the way, and gave him a soft kiss on the cheek, letting it linger a bit for extra effect. I'm so cool.

And by the way, that night I totally did not dream about him. Note the sarcasm because I totally did.

•••

I woke up to the light pouring through the french doors. I forgot to close the curtains last night. Rolling to my side to get my phone, I checked the time, it was 5:53 AM. Perfect time for a walk around the neighborhood.

I quickly changed into my yoga pants and hot pink T-shirt and put on my Vans. Luckily, I packed these clothes for the trip to Barcelona. Note to self, tell Cristiano that I need to go home and get clothes if I'm going to be staying for a while.

As I left for the door, I noticed all the pictures of Cristiano and his son, Junior. There were some taken at a photoshoot and others were selfies and vacations photos. I couldn't tell who was cuter Cris Senior or Cris Junior.

Cris Junior. Definitely. Because Cris Senior is hot, not cute.

When I stepped out the door, I was immediately met by a nice, refreshing breeze. It was slightly chilly, but not too much and just by the grey clouds above, I could tell it was going to rain.

The footsteps of my shoes hitting the ground were the only thing to be heard as I walked down the street. The only house on this secluded street was Cristiano's. If I did hear something or someone on this street I'd be scared. I turned the street when I reached the end and finally saw more houses. Well, mansions. I felt a bit out of place walking in this neighborhood. The cars in the driveways were all luxurious cars or sports cars.

I saw a park at nearby and decided to go to it as it was the only place that was designated for early walkers like me. The park was not an ordinary park.

The kids area was all made in stainless steel and black wood. Very modern. There was a restaurant there too. It was closed, but it was there. Italian, I think. Cherry blossoms were the only trees in the park and the sidewalk was made of shiny stones. God, rich people parks are so cool. The park wasn't that big I concluded as I reached the end. Needing a bit if exercise, I decided to walk around it one more time. Trust me when I say that I only work out once a year and after this, I'm done for the year.

I got back to the house after 2 hours of walking and taking an adventure around the neighborhood. It was 8 AM now. There was a car parked in the driveway that I had never seen before.

I slowly approached the door and opened it. I heard voices coming from the kitchen.

"Papai!" A little boy screamed.

Cristiano Jr. is here, I guess. I walked to the kitchen and saw Cristiano and Jr and a woman looking at them. When they realized I was in there, they all turned to look at me.

"Who's she?" Jr asked pointing his chubby finger at me.

"That's Abril Delano. My doctor." He told him as he sat down on the kitchen island. "Abril, this is Cristiano Junior. And my mother."

Deciding to be polite I went over and greeted them both with kisses as all Europeans do. "Very nice to meet you guys."

"You too, honey." His mom said. "I have a question. What happened to my son?"

"Oh! After a sliding challenge, he sprained his ankle and won't be able to play for 3 weeks. He should be resting though." I warned, sending him a look.

He raised his hands in defeat. "If I don't greet my mother, I get scolded at. If I do greet my mother, I also get scolded at. I can't win anything."

"Of course you can!" His mother exclaimed playfully, "Just not this."

"That's right." I said.

"I get scolded at if I mess up papai's hair." Junior said innocently, making me coo.

"You are so cute."

"Who?" Both Cris's asked at the same time.

I rolled my eyes, "But seriously, you need to be in bed."

"That's my cue to go." His mother said as she got her keys and purse. "Call me when you need me!" She yelled before closing the door behind her.

"C'mon! Off to bed, mister." I said, helping him get up the stairs and to his room.

Junior was following us and said, "I like you, Abril."

"Me too." I smiled and ruffled his hair.

"Me too." Cristiano said as he was placed on the bed.

That cheesy bastard.