Chapter 1

"Ah! Today is the first day on the job, right?" Catalina, aka my best friend, squealed energetically, bouncing up and down on her chair, making her straight dirty blonde hair move with her.

I nodded my head and took a bite out of my croqueta, "Why am I more excited than you?!" She asked again, still bouncing. Honestly, I have no clue how this girl has that much energy. It's 8 AM! I'm supposed to be in my bed, sleeping, with my furry Lulu sitting on my face using me as a pillow.

"Trust me when I say that I had the same reaction when they called back saying I got the internship, but right now? I want to dig a hole, watch Netflix, and sleep." I said tiredly.

"Why would you even want to dig a hole?" She asked flicking my nose.

"To get in it and sleep." I answered plainly.

"I know what'll get you going." She singsonged.

"If it has something to do with going to a bull fight then count me out." I said still eating the fried goodness. It sounds weird, but one day when I was too tired to even move, she called her cousin who is a big buff guy and told him to take me to a bull fight. No idea why, but she says it was because her grandma loves to wake up to one. I now know where her weirdness comes from.

She narrowed her eyes and blinked, "That was one fucking time!" She exclaimed, holding up one finger, "It's not my fault that my grandma wakes up with bullfights. I just thought..." This time, I narrowed my eyes. "Ugh. Never mind."

"Okay then. If it's not bullfighting, then what'll get me going for the rest of the day?"

"Shopping!" Cata smiled a 500 watt smile and clapped her hands excitedly while I just stared, feeling my eyes start to droop. "Jesus, Abril, wake up!" She said clapping and startling me.

"I'm sorry, it's just that I think I heard you say shopping and just no. I will not go shopping under any circumstances with you." I sighed.

"Rude." She commented.

"Not rude. It's not my fault that you make me try on everything you see. Literally everything." I paused. "Remember that time when you-"

"I thought it was a woman's shirt!" She whined.

I slumped in my chair and fished 10 euros out of my pocket, placing it on the table. I stood up and picked up my purse, "We were in the men's department."

She stood up with me and said, "Well, whatever, you need a new wardrobe if you're gonna be around hot guys all the time."

"Cata, they'll probably give me a uniform with the Real Madrid logo and a jacket that says Medical Staff." I said stepping out into the streets of the warm Madrid day.

"But you need pants." She suggested. "Ones that hug those lovely curves you have."

I do not have that much curves. Okay maybe I do, but I don't want to flaunt them so much. Most of these guys are married anyway.

"I'll probably put on some joggers." I checked my watch and it said it was 8:34. "Shit! I have to be at the training center in half an hour."

"Guess this means that shopping is on the rain check list?" She said glumly with puppy dog eyes.

"Yeah. Sorry." Not really. "Maybe some other time." Or never.

"'Kay," She sighed. "Call me when you get out of the job, okay?"

"Of course." I gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Love you." I sang.

"Go get 'em tiger." She hollered while I was getting into the car.