Chapter 13

Abril entered La Residencia in a hurry. Practice was over and the entire team was either playing Fifa, playing a board game, or talking to Carlo about what role they had to play in Sunday's game against Valencia. All the players were going to stay the night at La Residencia because they had an early plane ride to Valencia.

She passed all of the player's rooms practically sprinting as her room was on the other end of the long hallway. Pushing past Carvajal, who sent her a very dramatic shocked look with a hand to his heart, she noticed she was getting closer.

She stood in front of the door that said, in bold letters, Abril Delano. As she put her fingerprint on the door she heard a loud, "Abril, wait!" But she couldn't wait so she burst in the room and ran to the toilet.

She hardly heard the person behind her as she emptied her stomach into the toilet. Once she finished she jumped in surprise when she saw Isco staring at her.

"Oh, god, Isco! She yelped walking to the sink, "You scared the crap out of me."

"Are you okay?" The Spaniard asked, feeling Abril's forehead as she brushed her teeth.

She shrugged and rinsed her mouth, "I'm fine. Why?"

He looked at her like she had two heads, "Well first off, you look like shit."

"Thanks," She mumbled, walking to the bed and sitting.

During Abril's time being an intern, Isco had become like a brother to her along with James and Toni. On the rare occasion that she goes to away games with the team, she always hangs out with them. Sometimes they invite her to their houses to play Xbox. She's so close that sometimes, she even babysits their kids.

"And secondly-"

Isco was cut off by a loud knock. "Abril, are you in there?"

It was James.

Isco opened the door to greet the Colombian, and, of course, the other addition to the group came in: Toni.

Abril groaned at the site of them and hid under the covers, "Great. It's like a family reunion."

James ignored her and sat down on the bed, the other two trailing behind him, "We saw you make a run for it and we got worried."

"And you look like shit." Toni added.

She pushed the covers away from her face, "Wow, you guys really know how to make a girl feel pretty."

"Well it's true. You've been looking like that for about a month and a half." He said.

"Look, Abril, we're worried, that's all. I mean you're like our sister and we don't want you to feel bad." Isco said, shooting Toni a warning look.

"Well, I'm fine." She snapped.

Abril didn't mean to sound bitchy, but, come on, she's pregnant and the father of the baby is with his supermodel ex girlfriend again. She's having a bad day, scratch that, month.

"You're obviously not," Toni said. He always was the honest one.

"I'm great, guys." Abril said standing up and brushing her hair, "I couldn't be-" She went to the bathroom yet again and repeated her previous actions.

"That's it. I'm calling Juan," James said, picking up his phone.

"No!" Abril yelled.

James immediately dropped his phone, raising his arms with wide eyes,"Okay! I won't, I won't!"

Abril smiled on the inside. That's right, never mess with a pregnant woman.

"Can you at least tell us what kind of disease you have?" Isco asked picking up James's phone from the hardwood floor and giving it to him.

"It's not a disease." She mumbled.

"If it's not a disease then-" Isco started saying, but Toni got in his way and raised a finger.

"I swear Abril if you have bulimia you will stop right now because you are beautiful, okay?"

She laughed at his statement and hugged Toni because he loves that guy. "I'm not bulimic, Toni, but thanks for calling me beautiful after you told me I look like shit."

"No problem."

"But seriously, guys, I'm not sick." She said, smiling at how much they actually cared for her.

"Then what are you?" James asked.

"Pregnant." She simply said before plopping on the couch and turning on the TV.

"Come again?" Isco asked standing in front of the TV.

"It's not yours. I mean, we've never even had-"

"I know that." He cut her off before she finished. Isco frown then turned into a huge smile and he engulfed her in his arms along with Toni and James.

Toni suddenly yelled, "I call dibs on being the godfather!"

Abril laughed and playfully pushed them away. "You know, for the first time in weeks, I'm happy again."

"We have that effect on people." James said, "Oh my god! Now all of our kids can have playdates together. Salomé can be like the big cousin."

"And Isco Junior can have a little baby cousin." Isco laughed.

"And Leon, too." Toni added, "I can just imagine them all."

They all fell into a fit of laughter. Abril's sides hurt from so much laughing. Suddenly, the laughs subsided and James asked the inevitable, "Who's the father?"

She knew she couldn't anything from these fools. They wouldn't stop bugging her if she didn't. She also knew that if she told them there was the tiniest, very tiny, chance that they tell Juan and her internship in Real Madrid would be over. Abril then realized that life is too short to not take risks so she went out and said it. His name rolled off her tongue so easily, "Cristiano."

The room went dead silent and Toni gasped and choked on his saliva. For a minute Abril thought she heard a needle fall on the ground.

James was the one who broke the silence, "Does he know?"

"No."

"So you mean to tell me that he doesn't know that he's having a baby." Isco asked.

Abril sighed, "Technically, I'm having the baby."

"But he put his thing in your thing so its his baby too." Toni said bluntly.

James rolled his eyes and looked back at Abril, "You need to tell him."

"And I will." Abril said looking away.

"Tonight." James said.

"What? No." Abril said crossing her arms.

"Yes, tonight." He answered back.

"Abril, if Victoria were having another baby I'd like to know." Isco stated.

"Yeah I know, but he has a girlfriend right now and I really don't want to ruin that for him." She mumbled sadly.

James furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "And who might that said girlfriend be?"

"Irina Shayk." She mumbled pulling her legs to her chest.

Suddenly, the three were rolling on the floor, laughing. Abril sat on the couch glaring at them.

"Oh, god. You really think," Toni started saying, but couldn't finish due to his laughter.

"He hates that bitch." James said through his laughter wiping away the tears that rolled down his cheeks.

"But she was at her house the other day."

"So? You're at my house a lot and Daniela knows you're just a friend." James adds. He stood up and pulled Abril with him. "That being said, let's go."

He opened the door and the four piled out of the room, "Where?"

Toni simply wrapped his arm around her shoulder and said, "Cristiano's room."

She gulped. This is it.