Chapter 11

Abril couldn't decide whether she was happy or sad. On one hand, she was happy to become a mother and bring a child into her life. On the other hand, though, she felt as though Cristiano was going to reject her and the baby.

"Well... fuck." She mumbled, running her hands through her hair.

"Really?" Catalina said, "Is that all you're going to say? You're having a baby for fuck's sake."

"Yeah. I think realized that, Captain Obvious." She answered sharply, standing up.

"Woah. No need to get feisty." Catalina said raising her arms in defense while Abril was pacing the living room, biting her nails.

"What the hell am I going to do?"

"You first have to tell Cristiano."

Suddenly Abril stopped pacing and looked at Catalina with shock and fear written in her eyes, "What? Why?"

"Because he's the father of the baby, right?" Catalina asked slowly.

"Yes. He is, but-" Abril hesitated before asking, "Do I really have to tell him?"

"Are you really asking? C'mon Abril, you're going to get big. Soon, everyone's going to notice you have a bun in the oven. And when I mean everyone, I include Cristiano." Cata crossed her arms. "What are you going to do when he comes up to you and asks, 'Are you fat or are you just pregnant?' or 'Is that baby mine?'"

"Well.. um..." Was all Abril managed to say.

"Exactly. That is why you have to tell him soon or everything will go to shit." Catalina said, standing up and going to the kitchen. "By the way, you have to go a doctor."

When Catalina came out of the kitchen with a Hershey's bar, Abril was putting on a jacket and getting her keys. "Girl, what the hell are you doing?"

Abril pulled her brown hair in a ponytail and smiled, "I'm going to tell Cristiano."

"Oh no you're not." Catalina said dropping her chocolate.

"Yes, I am." Abril retorted. "And you won't stop me."

"Fine, but I'm going with you." Catalina said slipping on her bunny sandals. "Oh. And may I ask what caused this change of heart?"

As Abril opened the door, she stopped and answered Catalina without hesitation, "Pregnancy hormones."

"Oh." Catalina said, slightly disturbed.

Once they reached, Abril's Toyota, Catalina asked, "You want me to drive."

"I'm pregnant, not physically impaired."

•••

As the car approached the mansion, Catalina gasped, "Damn, I sometimes forget how rich these guys are for just kicking a ball around. I mean it's not fair, I work my ass of at the firm and get paid an eight of that they get paid."

"Can you shut up? I'm trying to muster up all the confidence I got when I decided to come and your bitching doesn't help." Abril snapped.

"Definitely pregnant." Catalina muttered, shifting toward the window.

"I heard that." Abril said before going completely quiet. She breathed in and out, trying to remember a relaxation technique she learned in med school.

Five minutes later, she found herself ringing the doorbell of a very familiar house. At first, no one answered, but then the door opened to reveal a woman. As her eyes adjusted to the light, Abril noticed it was not just any woman, but Irina Shayk. Her blue eyes pierced into her dull brown ones. Abril almost wanted to cower in fear at the 5 foot 10 woman in front of her.

'Of course, Cristiano finally realized how disgusting I was, and went back to his supermodel girlfriend.' Abril thought. 'He will not accept this baby now that he's with her.'

The thoughts were stupid and rash, she knew that, but it was all she could think of. For all she knew, Irina could be here to recover a necklace she lost. But her initial thoughts were the only thing she could think. Abril was never this pessimistic. Her pregnancy hormones, again, were raging.

"Yes?" The supermodel asked in a voice thick with her Russian accent.

"Um..." Abril mumbled before murmuring a, "Never mind."

She turned around and raced to her car, tears threatening to fall.

"What happened?" Catalina asked, once a teary eyed Abril entered the vehicle.

"A supermodel happened." She mumbled before driving home.