Chapter 30

Abril was situated in front of the mirror, with just her underwear on. It was 8:24 in the morning and Cristiano had not come home yet. She called Marcelo and a couple of his other friends to see if he was hanging out with them, but she had no luck.

Today was another normal day at work and as Abril got ready for it, she stared at her six month baby bump. It was huge. And she knew it would only get bigger in the next few months.  Stretch marks covered her slightly tanned skin. Some were on her thighs and others on her stomach. Some were already there from before the pregnancy and, too be honest, she never really minded them. The thing that she was most insecure about was the cellulitis on her outer thighs and inner thighs. Abril also hated the flab on her arms. She would never wear short sleeved shirts because of them. She had already expressed her dissatisfaction with it before to Cris and all he said was that those marks and imperfections are what made Abril, Abril. He also said that he loved them and made him feel like he was dating a real woman. Sometimes, she doesn't know what she would do without him.

So of course she was worried sick about him. He had already made such a huge mark on her world that Abril was almost certain she would marry him one day. She often imagined herself walking down the isle to meet her near perfect fiancee and finally get to be with Cristiano for the rest of her life.

As she slipped on the grey track pants she had to wear, her ears perked to the sound of a door slamming in the distance. Automatically she knew it was Cris since no one else besides the cleaning lady was home. Abril had already dropped Junior off at school.

She met Cris halfway through the hallway and practically jumped on him. Well, not jump because of the belly, but she sort of half leaped.

Cris laughed at her reaction to him being and kissed her deeply holding her bare hips since she was only with a bra and pants on, "I suggest you put on a shirt if you don't want me to take you right here in the hallway."

Abril blushed profusely, not realizing she was shirtless. "Oops... sorry."

Cris moaned cupping and groping her butt, "Mmmm, don't be."

"Hey, hey, hey. No. We have to talk," Abril said sternly, moving Cris's roaming hands to her shoulders.

Cris whined, but complied, pulling Abril to their room. Once they were in, he shut the door out of habit and looked back to see Abril, much to his disappointment, with a shirt on. Not only was she fully clothed, but she looked mad. She crossed her arms and sat on the bed.

"Now, can you explain to me why you weren't here at three AM?" Abril asked.

Cris walked over and knelt on the floor in front of her, "I was doing something I should have done ages ago."

"And what is that?"

"I went over to Irina's and-"

"You what?" Abril asked, her eyes wide in shock and fear.

Cris shook his head frantically, "Not like that! Not like that!" She visibly relaxed and let out a breath, "We just talked and trust me... she won't be in our hair anymore."

"What did you do?"

"I didn't threaten to kill her. We talked about how she was the one who leaked the baby thing and-"

"But who told her?"

"Don't be mad." Cristiano said after a moment of silence. Abril knew he was being hesitant for a reason.  "Catalina."

"That bitch!"

"Don't be mad at her." Cris said and Abril sat on the bed, fuming with anger. "Irina probably threatened her with something. Talk to her before you do anything stupid."

"But I trusted her!"

"I know. But she is still your best friend and you told me she had been acting weird when you guys last talked. She probably has an excuse as to why she did it." Cris said calmly and Abril sighed.

"Ugh. Maybe you're right." She said. "What else did you do?"

"Well, I talked to Florentino and he said..."

And that was when he told her about everything the president and the player had discussed.

Abril was torn.

She was angry and frustrated beyond belief because of how she could not continue to do her job for two and a half years. But she was happy because she could take care of her son in peace and not have to worry about her job.

She was mostly happy to be honest. She could continue working once their child was in school.

"Wow." Abril said once Cristiano finished talking.

Cris took out a paper from his back pocked and handed it to Abril, "This is the contract he gave me. All you have to do is sign. I know this is tough. This is your dream job and I can't I don't want you to throw it all away, but this is our only option."

"I know." Abril whispered. "I love you, Cristiano. And I love our little baby. I love Junior like my own child. This is my family. You guys are my family and just because I love my job does not mean I love it more than my family. I'm gonna sign this contract and we are going to be the family we deserve to be. No more hiding. No more nothing. I want you to announce our relationship and the baby to the whole world."

Without giving it a second thought Abril signed the paper.

"Done."

When Abril looked up Cristiano searched for something in his blazer pocket, "I did something else."

"What?"

"I went to the jewelry store and bought you something."

In his hand was a blue box.

Abril had tears in her eyes already knowing what it was.

"I remember you said you liked emeralds," Inside the box was a beautiful gold ring with an emerald in the middle. Two diamonds surrounded the emerald. "Abril, I know we've only been together for seven months. But you are the one for me. You make me feel so giddy all the fucking time and although you're not perfect to anyone else in the world, you are perfect to me. You're stubborn. You're smart. Beautiful. You're shy sometimes and you are a huge teddy bear. You have a flabby stomach and squishy cheeks. You're a dork and you kinda hate your family. You have some weird best friends and you have big thighs. You love my sons and you are going to be such a good mother. All of your imperfections make you perfect. I love you so much. Please, marry me."

"Yes."

•••

I'm also making an imagines book so if you have any requests feel free to inbox me or write a comment on any of my stories!!!!!

VOTE

COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT

FOLLOW!