Chapter 33

Cristiano liked the quietness of the house. It was 3 PM and he was home from training. They had the first game of the season in three weeks against Valencia in the UEFA Super Copa and they had to be ready. No one was home except for the cleaning lady. Junior was at a Luka's house having a playdate with his son and Abril was talking to Catalina. Maybe things were finally piecing together.

With a protein in his hand, he opened up the newspaper. Calmly turning the pages. The only thing heard was the faint hum of a vacuum in the distance.

Abril burst into Cristiano's kitchen with a loud bang making Cris drop his drink. The weird colored shake spilled all over the floor and his blue T-shirt. The frothy liquid made a bubbling sound as it laid there. To top it all of: it smelled like ass, "Jesus Christ! What is that smell?"

Welp, his peace and quiet has been ruined by a pregnant lady.

"Well, it was my protein shake, but I guess it doesn't matter now." Cris said picking up the plastic cup and calling the maid.

"Was it ass flavored? Because it smells like ass." She gagged, her pregnant effects kicking in.

"Actually, it was strawberry chocolate," He stated.

Abril rolled her eyes and pulled him out of the kitchen and to the backyard as soon as the maid came in. It was hot outside. Madrid gets really hot during the summer especially during July. Luckily grey clouds were floating up high in the skies and made the temperature perfect for jeans just like Abril was wearing.

"Why are we going out here? It's gonna rain. Is that my gnome? Not my gnome! Why is it on the ground?"

She nearly yelled at him when he kneeled down to pick up his custom-made gnome, that was basically a mini-Cris with a ballon d'Or in his hands. "It's okay. I got you, fam," he cooed and gingerly placed him on a table. It took all the courage Abril had within her to not push him into the pool right behind him. When he finally finished decided to pay attention to the brunette pregnant woman, she was already glaring at him with her arms crossed. "Yes, dear?"

Abril huffed, "You done?"

The man nodded quickly, deciding it was best not to anger the pregnant woman even more. He has already tested her patience once or twice in the past and it ended with him sleeping in the guest room. It wasn't his fault that he liked Mean Girls more than Legally Blonde. Everyone does! Not in Abril's book, though.

"I need to go to Barcelona." She says, not missing a beat and pursing her lips slightly. Cris opened his mouth to say something, but closed it when Abril interrupted him by putting a finger in the air and shushing him like a three year old, "I know what you're gonna say. But, Abril, you can't. You're pregnant!" She said the last sentences in a deep manly voice, imitating him.

"You are, though! 7 and a half months along to be exact," Cris stated, in a smug voice. He seemed proud of becoming a father and knowing exactly how far along Abril was. "The baby can pop out at any moment. I don't him being born in Barcelona."

"First of all; Babies don't pop out of nowhere. It's a long process and second of all, I have to take the risk," She said her back aching a bit, making her sit down on one of the pool chairs.

"I know babies don't pop out, it was a metaphor. But would you imagine popping out babies! Like one, two, three, pop!" He says with a big smile and his perfect teeth sparkled.

Abril tried keeping a straight face by gritting her teeth. She failed, though, and a little snort came out, "Sometimes I actually wonder how you are older than me."

"Easy," He said, "I popped out of my mom 5 years before you."

"Stop saying pop! It makes birthing sound easy when it's not!" Abril said punching his hard stomach softly. "Anyway, before you can continue with your arguments, I have to go. I need to talk to Catalina."

"But didn't you talk to her today?" He asked siting on the stoned floor in front of Abril.

"No." Abril answered, plainly. "She wasn't there. Her apartment was a mess. It looked uninhabitable until I realized it was being used by junkies."

"Wait, what? Junkies? Where is that apartment anyway?" He asked crinkling his nose in confusion. Abril found out that when Cris is confused he crinkles his nose and makes him look so damn cute.

"Close to La Puerta del Sol. There's are lots of them around that area. Especially at night. I basically lived there. They were using her apartment for god knows what!" Abril said, hands on her stomach, "So it was dark and the only thing in there that was truly Catalina's was her phone which was so weird since she lives for that phone basically. But anyway, I checked her messages and all signs pointed to her being in Barcelona with- guess who?"

Cristiano shrugged, "Justin Bieber?"

"What? No." Abril answered with an exasperated sigh, "How do I even deal with you? With Messi!"

"Lionel?" He asked, "The little one that people say is better than me when in reality I'm the best?"

"No! Isco's dog!" She exclaimed sarcastically.

"Someone's sassy." He mumbled, "So let me get this straight. You want to go to Barcelona during your last months of pregnancy to go visit your supposed best friend who leaked our private lives over to the worst person ever, Irina Shayk."

"Well, when you put it that way, it sounds horrible." She murmured.

"Look all I'm saying is that she did something pretty horrible to you and, you wanting to go all the way to Barcelona to talk to her while she really only wants to be with Messi is pretty stupid, Abril," He said truthfully.

Cristiano is very truthful and says things the way they are, no censorship. People say he's arrogant when in all honesty, he's just very honest.

Abril thought about what he said and to be honest she was considering not going. She was tired of chasing after Catalina when she was the one who did wrong. She had already made three best friends who she knew she could count on. There was no drama with them, just talking about whatever came to mind. They were also very mature (Most of the time), something Catalina needed to do. Choosing a guy who she was having an affair with over your lifetime best friend is not okay at all. Now Abril had lost trust in her and trust is one of the basic things a relationship needs in order to prosper. Maybe they weren't meant to be. Maybe they outgrew each other.

She still needed to talk to her though. Maybe going all the way to Barcelona was not the best idea.

"So what do you suppose I do then?" Abril asked, running a hand through her thin wavy hair. She was getting emotional and tears threatened to leak, but she tried holding them in. She was exhausted, Catalina had tired her completely. All she wanted to do was end this.

"Well, since you said she was with Messi why don't I give you his number and you could call him?" He said softly.

She sighed, "What if he answers and denies that he even knows Catalina?"

"Then we'll go to Barcelona." He grabbed onto Abril's small hand and kissed it gently, "Together. Like always."