Chapter 12

So sorry for the wait!!

Please comment and vote, it really motivates me to write better and faster!

Also, tell me how I'm doing with this book.

~Lola

•••
Meanwhile, inside the house, Cristiano Ronaldo came walking down the stairs holding his son's hand. He suddenly stopped when he saw a familiar Russian model at the bottom of the stairs, smiling at them both.

"Cris! Junior!" Irina greeted them, flashing her pearly whites, and opening her arms for Junior to hug.

Junior simply hid behind his father's leg. His father, on the other hand, was furious. How dare she enter his house without some sort of warning? And how did she even enter the house? He has top class security for Pete's sake.

"What are you doing here?" Cristiano asked, his voice thick with annoyance. He picked Junior up and balanced him on his hip, the boy was dressed in his spiderman onesie which made him look adorable, or as he would call himself: heroic. Which ironically is something he is not doing by hiding behind Cris.

"Oh, wow. I'm fine, thank you." She said sarcastically, as he walked down the stairs and to the kitchen where he sat Junior down on the countertop.

"Look, Irina, let's skip the small talk." He handed Junior an apple and put him on the floor for him to go to his playroom while the grownups talked. "What are you doing here?"

"You know, you should really change the passcode to your gate." The blue eyed woman said, sitting on the kitchen island stool. "The date of when you were born is not a strong passcode when it's on wikipedia."

The footballer rolled his eyes, "What do you want?"

"Why do you think I want something." She said as she rummaged through her purse and pulled out a lipstick. "Can't I just come to say hi to my ex boyfriend?"

"Not when we ended on such bad terms."

She smeared on the red lipstick and smiled deviously, "That's why I came here."

"Wait, so you left New York City, took a nine hour plane ride, and came to Madrid just to fix our relationship? Sorry to break it to you, but I have no intentions in getting back together with you."

She laughed slightly, "Oh, honey. You actually believe that I did all that for you." She let out a loud laugh, "You're not good enough for that."

"Then why did you come?"

"As you know, I have many, many things that I can use against you. Most of them could make you look, more than you already are, like a douchebag." She started.

"What do you want?"

She put her lipstick down and smiled, "I want you to clear my name."

Cristiano shook his head in confusion and raised an eyebrow, "What do you mean by that?"

Irina crossed her skinny arms, "God, you ask a lot of questions!" By the tone of voice she used, he knew she was being playful.

He just urged her to go on, "Well, as you know, I am a very beautiful woman," Cristiano scoffed, she simply ignored him. "And men are attracted to me, so they have sex with me."

He groaned and ran his hands through his no gel hair, "Where are you going with this?"

She laughed, "Oh! Nowhere, I just wanted to tell you that and make you jealous." Cristiano was far from jealous; he just felt sad for the men who slept with her. "But anyway, back to my point. The media is creating a terrible rumor, insisting that I cheated on you and that is why we broke up."

He stared at the Russian in shock, "But you did cheat on me and that is why we broke up."

"Yes, I know, but now I want to get married to an American actor. I am afraid he is starting to believe in those filthy rumors." She said, her voice thick in her accent, "Stupid Perez Hilton."

"And what do you want me to do?"

She shrugged, "I want you to confirm that we broke up because you cheated on me."

"Wait, so you want me to lie?!"

"Exactly." She stated very bluntly.

"No." The Portuguese said quickly.

"Why not?" She whined, pouting her full lips.

"Because I have a special someone, and I do not want her to believe that I cheat." He simply said.

"Well, if you don't do it then I'll tell the world that you verbally and physically abused me." She threatened.

He thought for a moment, thinking of the consequences of both statements. Is being a cheater better than an abuser? Definitely, but Irina can't win. "I won't do it and you won't either because I will tell the world that you were Sepp Blater's lover, and he will confirm that. Trust me."

"Ugh! Fine." She shrieked, stomping her feet like a two year old. He sometimes wonders how he put up with her for almost five years. "But you haven't won yet, Ronaldo!"

She stood up and Cristiano led her to the door, "Goodbye, Irina."

"Oh, before I go, there was a woman here. Short, brown hair, not that very skinny. She looked like she really needed to talk to you." She said before opening the door, "Goodbye, Cristiano. This will not be last time we meet."

With that, she left. Cristiano stood there, thinking again. The only woman who knew his address was Abril. What was so important that she had to come to all the way to his house to tell him? She lived in the other side of Madrid. And why didn't she stay and wait for him? He was just giving Junior a shower. Well, Irina must have intimidated her. Who isn't intimidated by a tall Russian woman?

Great, now Abril is stuck on his mind... again. That girl is going to bring the death of him. And please, god, whatever Abril had to tell Cristiano, let it be good. No drama