Chapter 20

Third Person POV

"Where were you last night?" Abril asked with her phone to her ear, following Cristiano into his house.

She heard Catalina on the other end of the call sigh, "Nowhere. I sort of just left."

Cris set his keys on the hook next to the door as Abril took off her shoes. She already felt like this house was her second home. To be honest, it was. She was basically there all the time. Some of her clothes were there and Cris had no problem. In fact, he kept insisting that Abril come live with him, but she thought that they should wait a little longer and then move in. It's ironic that she wants to take things slow, but they are already expecting a child together.

"Left where?" She asked as Cris brushed past her to greet Maria Dolores, his mother, who was upstairs with Junior.

"Somewhere, Abril." Cata said, sounding very irritated.

"Look, I'm sorry, but I was looking for you all over the place and you just weren't there. I got worried," Abril said, staring at Cris's three Balon D'ors in the living room.

"I know. I should be the one saying sorry," Catalina said.

Abril heard some rustling in the background, but simply ignored it, "Don't worry. I'm just glad you're okay."

"Thanks." She answered, "Anyway, what did you want to tell me before you got all mother hen?"

"Well, I was in the hospital last night." Abril said bluntly, sitting down on the leather couch.

"What?!" Catalina screeched, making someone in the background shush her.

Abril chuckled at her reaction, "Calm down. I'm alright. I just didn't have enough iron in my system, and it made me faint."

"You fainted?" She gasped. "Who took you to the hospital? I shouldn't have left. I'm so stupid! I left my pregnant best friend all alone to-"

"Cata! Calm down! Please. Cristiano was there to take me." Abril said, laughing slightly.

"Oh, good. Wait. Is the baby alright?" Catalina asked.

"Yes," The brunette answered placing a protective hand over the slight bump, "He or she is fine."

"Thank god!" She sighed in relief.

"In fact, the doctor said that since the baby is developing so well, I might get to see the gender in about a month or so!" Abril squealed in delight.

"That's great!"

"Yeah, I know. I am so excited." She said and started blabbing about things Catalina didn't really care about and just gave her monosyllables or sounds of agreements.

Abril noticed she wasn't very interested and hung up after a minute or so. As she placed her iPhone on the coffee table, she heard the pitter patter of Junior's feet, hitting the marble floor.

The boy jumped in excitement when he saw the girl on the couch, "Abril!"

He ran to her in his flannel pajamas and gave her a big hug and a sloppy kiss on the cheek, but Abril didn't mind the slobber at all, "Junior!"

As they embraced, two figures stood in front of them. One being Cristiano Ronaldo and the other Maria Dolores. They smiled at the affection and love the pair had for each other.

Maria Dolores knew that her son had made the right choice on making Abril his girlfriend. She believed that Abril was a very sweet, caring, intelligent girl who was perfect for her son and for Junior. She also knew that Abril would make the perfect mother to her soon-to-be-born grandchild.

When they finished hugging, Abril stood up to greet María, hugging and kissing her cheeks, "How are you?"

"I'm great, but I should be asking you that!" The lady grabbing Abril's hands. "Cris told me what happened last night."

"I'm fine. Just a big scare." Abril smiled.

"A huge scare." Cris corrected her. "I nearly had a heart attack!"

"But I'm perfectly okay now so there's nothing to worry about." She said and Maria smiled.

"Good. I hate so see something happen to you or my grandchild. You two are already family." She announced and Abril's heart skipped a beat when Maria said that.

She was part of the family already.

Abril really didn't know how to respond so she hugged the woman and Cris sat down next to Junior on the couch, admiring the family he had.

They talked a bit more after that, but then the Portuguese woman said she had to leave. Then they were left alone.

"So I made a bet with Toni, Isco, and James." Abril announced, as Junior left to go to his room to play with his toys.

"Oh, god," Cris groaned, "That cannot be good."

"It's not that bad actually. There's been worse." Abril pointed out.

"Tell me about it. I once made a bet with them. I told them that if I didn't score a goal in the next game, I would let them do anything they wanted to my hair." Cris said.

"Let me guess... you lost the bet and they took your hair gel away for a month." She fake gasped.

"How did you know?" He asked with very serious face.

"I just knew."

"Anyway, what's the bet?" He asked, as Abril laid her head on his lap.

"It involves my family and you." She pointed a finger to his his face.

"You mean, your Puerto Rican family which I know almost nothing about?" He asked playing with her locks of hair.

"Yep, that's the one." She answered, "So they said that if Real Madrid win the league and the Champions league, I have to take you to meet them."

He laughed, "Really? That's the bet?"

"Mhm, so could you do me a favor and lose that game?" Abril asked casually.

"Um, no. And now I have more reason to win!" He announced, smirking.

"You really don't want to meet my family."

"Of course I do," The footballer said.

"No you don't!" She retorted standing up quickly, "They're crazy."

"So? My family is fucked up, but I let you meet them!" Cris said.

"Just lose the game." Abril whined.

Cris chuckled and pulled Abril into his lap. He smiled and kissed her pouting lips that almost made him want to cave in, but didn't.

"Fuck no."

•••
AN

It's short, but I wanted a double update. Stay tuned for more!!!

You soon meet Abril's family so BEWARE!

And, Catalina, what are you hiding?