Chapter 19

Catalina's POV

I completely ignored Abril as she introduced me to James and his wife, Daniela.

My eyes were fixated a pair of dark brown eyes. My idol was staring directly at me. Growing up, I idolized him.

You see, unlike Abril, growing up, I actually played football. Abril was the nerd and I was the not-so-smart jock. The opposites attract rule really did apply to us, but I guess that was was made us inseparable. My dream was always to become a football player, but gave up on it to become a video game developer.

The man entranced me with his deep brown eyes staring into my blue ones. I barely noticed Abril snapping her fingers in front of my face. Some words fell out of my mouth and the man entered the club. I totally ignored my curiosity as to why the hell he was at this party, judging by the fact that he himself lost the league to this team. Real Madrid was supposed to be his rival team, I mean that was what El Clásico was all about: the two biggest sports rivals competing to see who is the best.

As I entered the building, I disregarded the bouncer who looked me over weirdly. The music inside was numbing, but not as numbing as the guy who looked at me. Besides, I was used to the reggaeton after all the high school parties I attended back home in Puerto Rico.

I searched around the club, but did not find him. All of the players were drunk and having a good time. Toni Kroos, a German who I thought was very serious, was dancing on a table.

I'm a Barcelona fan all the way. Abril and I were opposites on this too. Abril being a Madridista and I a cule.

My eyes kept looking around the dark room, and found no one. I decided that I wasn't going to get very far in my search just standing at the entrance so I went and got myself a drink.

As I got my purse out to pay for the drink a voice stopped me, "Don't worry. This one's on me."

Ding ding ding. I found him. Scratch that, he found me. Oh, god he's not even that attractive, but somehow, he just intrigues me. His brown hair was parted to a side, his red button up shirt had its sleeves rolled up to reveal a tattoo that really didn't match his personality, but somehow suited him.

"You really don't have to do that." I said pulling out the cash.

He pushed my hand into the purse and smiled, "I insist. I mean isn't it customary for a guy to buy a drink for a girl he's interested in. Especially one so beautiful."

I think I'm having a heart attack. This man, my idol, is interested in me. Plain old me.

Wait.

He's married.

And his wife is about to have yet another kid.

"Well, I mean it would be, if the guy is not married and has a child." I said, handing the bartender the money. "If you'll excuse me." It pained me to stand up and leave him there alone, but I was not one to destroy a marriage.

"Wait." He said grabbing my arm and pulling me back towards him. "Can you at least tell me your name?"

"I could, but I won't," I said with my best bitch face.

Oh, god how I want to tell him my name! But I can't, my brain is telling me to say no, but my heart wants him. Why is it when life gives you a good thing, it has so many repercussions? Can't he be single like Cristiano was before Abril? Abril always gets the easy way in life, why not me?

"Oh, come on, you know my name." He said, smugly.

I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow, "Oh, do I?"

Of course I do.

"Please! Everyone on the planet knows who I am," He deadpanned.

"Oh really? Then who are you?"

"A man trying to get to know you better, and be your friend." He said.

"Really? Because from what I can see, you're just a guy trying to get in between my legs." I said.

"Really. I just want to get to know you."

"I find that pretty hard to believe, judging by the fact that I just met you."

"Yeah I know, but there's something about you that just-"

He stopped for a minute thinking of his word choice, but I know exactly where he was going with this. I was feeling the exact same way.

"Intrigues you?" I interrupted.

"Yeah, exactly." He paused again and looked down shyly. I must admit he looked so cute and innocent. "So now will you tell me your name?"

I hesitated and looked around as if there were people with prying eyes, but we were in a corner of the club. I have no idea how we got there from the bar, though. "Catalina."

"Pretty name. I'm-"

I stopped him again, " I know who you are."

"But I thought you said you didn't." He said.

"Oh, come on, like you said, who doesn't know you?" She said.

"Hm, true." He agreed. "So I know this diner, not too far from here. Would you like to come?"

Fuck it. "Sure, but no funny business."

"Of course not," He said leading me to the back door of the club.

"Am I going to regret this?" I asked as we were walking down the street.

"Depends on what happens." He said, mysteriously.

"I sure hope nothing happens, Lionel." I laughed.

---

AN

Iker is gone. No longer Real Madrid captain. I cried so much.

But I guess everyone always has to let go of things. I've been a fan since I was born. Iker has always taken part of the games I watch and not seeing him will just be so tough. The coin toss will never be the same again. We have to face the fact that he will no longer raise the trophies and be there to motivate and scream at his teammates.

But things come to an end for a reason and this marks a new era for Real Madrid.

It's tough to let go, but in the end, we have to. We have to keep on moving. Let's not blame Florentino for this. Let's not blame anyone. This had to happen.

Iker Casillas is Real Madrid. A legend. A Saint. A captain.

He will forever be screaming Hala Madrid.

Thank you for your amazing saves. Thank you for being a Madridista.

Thank you.

#GraciasIker