Chapter 38

"Abril! He's peeing on me again!"

"I told you to put a fucking diaper on his pee pee while you wipe his butt!"

"I was doing that, but then I got a notification on my phone and I got distracted. Did you know Andre Gomes joined Barca? I though- Oh no! Now he's pooing!"

"What did you do with Junior when he was a baby? You were a single father for fucks sake!" Abril fast walked over to Marco's room, her high heels clicking on the wooden floor.

She could barely contain her laughter when she entered the room. Cristiano's face was covered in liquid while he frantically tried to clean the 2 week old baby's butt. Junior grabbed the dirty diaper with a disgruntled look on his face and threw it in the diaper bin.

"Hey! I tried! Junior didn't possess the aim that this one has. It's like I have a bullseye on my face or something," Cris said, finally securing the diaper.

"Or a sign that says 'PEE HERE'." Abril walked over to the baby and picked him up gently in her arms, "Mi nene bello. You like peeing on papai's face, huh?"

Marco cooed and stretched his little arms out, closing his eyes. He didn't do much at this point. Eat, sleep, poop. But boy was he a gorgeous fella. He had his mom's porcelain skin tone as opposed to Cris's beautiful tan tone, but he seemed to have Cris's curly hair because his baby strands curled at the nape of his neck. He also had his fathers eyes and eyelashes, but Abril's mouth and button nose.

"Go and get ready. I'll wait for you. Antonio's all done with me, and he said he'll do your hair," She said, bouncing back and forth, waiting for Marco to go to sleep.

They were getting ready for the La Liga Awards that started in three hours. Tonight was the night. Tonight everyone will finally find out that they are together and have a baby together. Abril was already mentally prepared for the media's response so it no longer phased her really. Abril was dressed beautifully, though. Her long light blue floral dress clung to her curves beautifully and her hair was pinned in a loose bun at the nape of her neck. At least her photos on the papers tomorrow would look nice.

"You sure?" He asked and Abril nodded, kissing his cheek. Then she began humming a lullaby.

Cris walked out the room only to return two seconds later and whisper in Abril's ear, "You look beautiful. I can't wait to share you with the rest of the world."

"Well, in two hours, we'll be walking down the red carpet hand in hand," Abril said, "Photographers will go crazy."

"Wait till they see you're ring too," He said walking backwards out of the room. "Not to mention Marco, too."

As Abril stood in the middle of the room with a half asleep baby in her arms she thought of how ironic life was. She hated Cristiano at first. She thought he was an arrogant piece of shit. But now she's is head over heels in love with him. They have a baby together and maybe if Marco hadn't been conceived they wouldn't be as happy as they are now. Life is crazy sometimes. It throws curveballs your way all the time.

Abril thought she would be married to Jonathan and Catalina would be her maid of honor. That didn't happen. Catalina hates her and Abril doesn't really care anymore. She has three best friends now and she knows they'll never let her down. As for the marriage part, Abril is getting married to the world's most googled athlete in the world. She managed to make Mr. Playboy fall in love.

She looked at Junior who was reading a comic book across the room in his dark blue pajamas. He never left Marco's side most of the time. He helped change his diapers, he whispered inaudible things into the baby's ear and he gave him kisses all the time.

Marco cooed and his eyes finally closed. Abril smiled and gently place him in his crib. You see, the baby would not be going to the award ceremony due to his age, of course. Abril's mother was coming over to take care of the baby since Maria Dolores was going to the award show to see his son win.

Junior was also staying home. He promised Abril he would watch over Marco. That's why he brought over a sleeping bag. He wanted to be with Marco 24/7.

She kissed Junior on the head, saying goodbye to the boy. Then she went downstairs.

The doorbell rung as she hit the final step on the staircase.She opened the wooden door to reveal her mother and Maria Dolores on the other side. The pair greeted her and immediately went to see their grandson. This all happened so quickly Abril didn't get a chance to open her mouth to say hello.

That's what happens when you have a baby grandson.

An hour later, Cristiano had come downstairs and kissed Abril gently when he entered the kitchen where she was typing away on her phone.

"Let's go, shall we Mrs. Soon-to-be-Dos Santos-Delano?"

"I'm keeping my last name. Thank you very much!" She said reaching around his neck.

"Are you sure, though?"

"Yeah, I think I am. Delano suits me, don't you think?"

"Yes 'del anus' suits you very much." He says teasingly kissing her nose.

"Don't be a dick. I've heard that joke so many times. Har har."

"But I'm your dick."

"That you are. And a very good one too." Abril giggled, blushing a bright red.

"Jesus Christ, Abril..."

Abril laughed and pulled Cristiano to the car where Maria Dolores was waiting for them.

"Let's show the world our fucking love baby!" Abril yelled.

No more hiding.

No more being the intern.

•••

Hi again. It's me.

So sorry for the long wait.

I was at the hospital since July. So I'm sorry for not uploading but I hope you understand.

Anyway, yes, this is the last chapter.

But there are epilogues coming your way.

Some bonus chapters too.

Love you