Chapter 18

"Abril, you look absolutely stunning," Catalina said as Abril walked out of the bathroom.

The pair were getting ready to go to the club in Abril's apartment. Why was Catalina getting ready too? Let's just say, she invited herself. She was never one to miss a party.

"Really?" Abril asked, "You don't think my bump is showing."

The blonde rolled her eyes, "No. You're barely even showing. Besides, if you had a visible bump, the shirt would cover it up."

"I just have to make sure," Abril said, putting on a necklace, "Juan is going to be there and I don't want him to notice anything."

Catalina stood up and fixed her own blue dress, "Wouldn't he have noticed at work if you had a bump?"

"Well, my shirt for work is very loose and I also put on the jacket for safety measures."

"What's the big deal of him finding out about you guys anyway? Can't people fall in love and have babies in peace!?" Cata yelled at no one in particular, but the neighbors will probably be filing a noise complaint.

Abril pulled her hair in a pretty low ponytail and turned around to face the other girl who was on the bed, "If only it were that simple."

"What are you going to do once the baby starts showing and, hey, what about when it's born?" The weird one asked following Abril out the apartment.

"Cris said he has a plan for that," Abril said walking down the building's stairs.

"And what might that plan be?" Catalina asked, picking up her pace, her high heels clicking on the stone.

"I don't know." She answered, opening the door and welcoming the hot Madrid air.

"Oh, wow! You guys are already keeping secrets from each other."

"It's not a secret, Catalina. He said he'll tell me when the time's right." Abril said walking down the street to her car. Catalina shut up as they walked.

As the pair got in the car Catalina mumbled, "I still don't get why he didn't pick us up, though."

"Because it would be weird if he and I showed up together in the same car. It would be like if I were his date. Besides, it was my idea so don't go blaming him," Abril said starting the car and heading toward the club.

"But you are his date."

"Yes, I know but- ugh! I am not going over this again."

•••

Abril parked the car a block away from the building and as they approached it, she noticed that there was a lot of paparazzi taking pictures of the people going in. She got even more nervous once she saw them.

She saw some of the guys going in with their wives or girlfriends. One of them being James and Daniela, "Abril!"

"James! Daniela!" Abril greeted him and Daniela with a kiss on the cheek and hug.

"I thought you weren't coming." He said, his arm around Daniela's waist.

"Yeah, well, I wanted to go out and have fun so here I am!" Abril smiled. "Oh, this is Catalina, my best friend." She motioned towards the blonde, but Catalina was staring at something intently so she didn't notice.

Abril snapped her fingers in front of her face and Catalina jumped, "Huh, what?"

"This is James and Daniela." Abril gestured toward them, but Catalina looked distracted.

"Oh, hey." She mumbled walking away from the group and into the club, the bouncer looking at her weirdly, but shrugging and letting her in.

"That was weird." Daniela said, raising an eyebrow.