Chapter 26

Catalina laid on her bed that day, crying. How could she have done that? Why was she so stupid?

Her laptop was to her side, the page open on the article about Cristiano and his baby. Irina called, she bet it was to make her feel even worse. Abril must be heartbroken. Catalina should tell her, right? But then she'll never talk to her again. Did she really think Irina would use this information for good?

She just wishes she had gone to the club that night with Abril. None of this would have happened. She wouldn't have met him. They wouldn't have done things.

He tasted like mint and smelt like cologne. Good cologne. As she was pressed against the window of his car, his fingers ran under her dress, sending shots of electricity.

She moaned out his name in pleasure, "Lionel."

She felt him smile against her lips and he kept touching her skin. Then he trailed kissed across her jaw and down to her collarbone.

She was too distracted, between all the pleasure and the touching, that she didn't realize someone was watching, taking a picture to be exact.

After their night of pleasure, she jumped out and the car zoomed off. She looked up to see a woman dressed in designer clothes, holding a phone at her face.

"You're Abril Delano's friend right?"

"Um yes? How do you know us?"

"I have sources." The woman in Givenchy said, "We need to talk."

"I don't even-"

The woman waved a photo of her and Lionel in a compromising position at her face, "I suggest you listen if you don't want people seeing this."

She gulped.

"I'm Irina by the way."

The phone was ringing. She didn't even bother to see who was calling her. She just said a blunt hello and let the phone rest on her ear. Catalina was like a zombie. Dead inside, alive outside.

"Catalina?" A woman asked with a thick accent.

Great now it was Irina. Why didn't she check who it was before answering?

She grunted in response.

"Good you're there. I just wanted to thank you for everything."

There was a pause before Catalina exploded, "Why would you do this to me? To Abril? Cristiano? You have just destroyed a friendship you know that right?"

There was a sinister chuckle on the other line, "Just like you are destroying a family. I mean, seriously, being the mistress of the world's most famous player who, by the way, just had another child with his wife is a bit worse than what I did. I mean, the truth about the baby was gonna come out anyway. But with you? You'd be known as the woman who destroyed Lionel Messi's relationship." There was a deafening pause, "Would you like the whole world to call you a gold digging slut? No? That's what I thought. You better keep your mouth shut, Catalina, or everyone will know your little secret."

"Go to hell, Irina." Catalina spat.

"Only if you come with me, like you deserve." The Russian answered. "A little piece of advice, find better comebacks. And another thing, don't expect Leo to leave Antonella for you. I learned from personal experiences."

"What do you mean personal experiences?" Catalina asked.

"Let's just say, you aren't his first affair. Well, I have to go. We'll stay in touch."

Catalina was done for the day. She rested on the bed and fell asleep.

•••

"And what plan is that?" Abril asked picking up her head from its place on Cristiano's bed.

"If I tell you it, you're going to get pissed at me and then I won't do it."

She sniffled and wiped her nose with her jacket sleeve, "I won't get mad."

"You will. I mean, it's a pretty crazy plan, Abril." Cris said.

"I can take crazy," She said.

Cristiano sent her a can you really? look.

"Of course I can! I'm pregnant with your baby! If that's not crazy then I have no clue what is."

Cris smiled and hugged her tight, "God, I love you."

"So does this mean you'll tell me?" She asked, trying out her best puppy eyes.

Cris stayed silent as if contemplating what he was going to say. It gave Abril some how as to if he will or will not tell her. "Eh... no."

"Why not?!" Abril whined, straddling him.

"Because no!"

She started kissing his neck and playing with his hair slightly to convince him, "How about now?" Abril bit his neck and rolled her tongue on the bruise she left, eliciting a moan from Cristiano's mouth.

"As tempting as this is," He moaned, holding her waist and pulling her closer, "My answer is still no."

Abril groaned and pulled away, her hands still tangled in his hair, "Fine!" She said, "But can you at least tell me when you're gonna do it?"

"When we get back." He said.

"So in five days?"

"Yes, babe."

"Alright. Now where were we?" Abril said, pulling his shirt off.

"I thought you were sad?" He asked between kisses.

"Yeah, but you distract me." She said.

They kept making out. Clothes flying everywhere, teeth pulling lips, tongues, etc.

Cristiano suddenly stopped. (Totally ruining the mood) "We have to talk to Catalina to see if she leaked something to Irina."

"Again, she would never do that."

"You never know, baby."

"I know her well enough to know she would never do that to me."

Cris hummed in response.

"Great! Now you got me all sad, cock blocker."

He groaned and laughed slightly, "Should I keep distracting you?"

Abril nodded before diving in.

She really needed that distraction.

Wait, would Catalina really do that to Abril?