Chapter 15

The next morning, Abril and Cristiano were cuddled up together, sleeping and spooning. Cristiano's hand resting on Abril's bump protectively as Abril played little spoon.

She opened her eyes, slowly adjusting to the darkness. She looked at the alarm clock that read 5:30 AM. Shit! She overslept. Abril's original plan was to sneak out of the room at 5 AM before anyone could notice her coming out of Cristiano's room. She was screwed.

She sat up quickly, waking Cristiano up in the process. "What are you doing?" He groaned, pulling the pillow over his head.

"I overslept," Abril said, pulling on her underwear.

"So?" He mumbled through the pillow.

"I was supposed to sneak out, dummy," She threw on her Real Madrid white medical staff t-shirt along with the matching pants.

"Why?" He asked finally taking the pillow off his face and sat up.

"Because I'm not supposed to be sleeping with you, let alone being your girlfriend and getting knocked up," She paused for dramatic effect, "by you!"

"And is all that really that bad?" Cris enquired, standing up in all his glory.

Abril tried not to gape.

She breathed in, "No, but I will get fired if Juan or Carlo or fucking anyone finds out."

"You won't get fired," He said very sure of himself, pulling on his CR7 briefs before walking to Abril and pulling her closer by her hips.

"How can you be so sure?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Because I won't let it," He said before dipping down and kissing her softly.

Suddenly a loud knock interrupted them and they pulled back, Abril looking very scared. "Put on some clothes!" She whisper yelled, throwing him his pajamas.

"Cristiano, it's Carlo. I need to discuss some plays with you," Carlo yelled from outside the room.

"Oh, yes! Coming!" Cris answered back as he put on his pajamas.

"He's going to see me!" Abril whispered once Cris reached the door.

"I got this!" He whispered and sent her a goofy smile that made her heart leap.

She rolled her eyes as the door opened and the Italian exclaimed, "Cristiano!" Before clapping his back, "You slept well, I hope?"

"Well, not that great," Cristiano said stepping aside for him to come in, Abril clearly in view.

"Abril, how are you?" Carlo asked cheerfully as the door closed behind him.

"Great and you?" She answered just as cheerfully.

"Good. What are you doing here?" He asked without missing a beat.

"Oh um-" She stuttered before Cris stepped in and helped her.

"Mister, you know how I said that I didn't sleep very well?"

Oh god, where was he going with that, Abril thought.

"Yes?"

"Well, I wasn't feeling too good last night." He lied swiftly.

Carlo's eyes opened wide before turning to look at Abril, "Is he okay? Will he be able to play?"

Abril panicked, "Oh uh, um- ye-yes he, um, just had uh-"

"Diarrhea." Cristiano interjecting, keeping on a straight face only god knows how.