Ch.34 A Girl

**Chapter 34**

Kassidi bounces on the balls of her feet as she waits impatiently for her turn.

"Kassidi, take a breather, honey." Cassandra chuckles.

"I can't," Kassidi says and looks at the screen showing names for next in line. "I get to find out what he is today!" She feels as if her cheeks are going to rip from her huge smile.

"Staring at it isn't going to make your name appear." Cassandra says as she catches her staring at the TV screen on the wall.

"My appointment is at eleven, how many people can have the same doctor?"

"Lots, I guess."

"Well, I want my turn now, please," Kassidi sighs.

Kassidi's name pops on the screen and her heart starts to thump in her chest. She tugs on Cassandra's coat sleeve so she looks at the screen.

"Kassidi Eiden?" A nurse pops her head out from a door and looks around the waiting room.

"That's me," Kassidi says excitedly.

The nurse smiles at her. "Well come on in then."

Kassidi has to force herself not to run as she tugs on Cassandra's arm.

******************************555***************************************

"Everything looks perfect," The nurse, Jenna, says as she looks at the screen. "Strong heartbeat, healthy weight, you've been taking care of yourself."

"Really?" Kassidi laughs. "Do you know what I'm having?"

"Right," Jenna moves the stick around the blue jelly on her belly. "Do you see that right there?" She points to the blurred black and white screen.

"Yeah, I do," Kassidi says as she squints at the screen.

"That right there is definitely not a penis."

"So it's a girl?"

"It's a girl," Jenna smiles at her.

"Oh my gosh!" She looks at Cassandra. "I'm having a baby girl!"

"I heard that," Cassandra laughs.

"I have to think of names. I have less than two months to think of one. It has to be perfect though so it can't be spur of the moment either."

"You can look online at names, see if any pop out at you." Cassandra says.

"I'll have to do that, 'cuz I don't know any that sound perfect enough."

"So everything looks good right now. Have you been given a date yet?"

"Not really, just that I'm due sometime in December."

"Alrighty then, would you like to know when your due?"

"Yeah, sure," Kassidi says as she stares at the screen. "How would you do that?"

"Well, all I have to do is look at your file here," She says as she scrolls on the computer in the corner of the room. "Here we are, Kassidi Lynn Eiden." Kassidi bites her lip as she says her name, Lynn is her real mother's middle name as well.

"What does it say?" Kassidi asks impatiently.

Jenna chuckles as she looks at the screen some more. "Well, right here we have December 23rd, if you can push the little one out on that day, not a lot of people give birth on their due date naturally."

"Really?" Kassidi asks. "Do you think I could give birth on the 23rd though?"

"I think you could." Jenna smiles.