Ch.37 Moving!

**Chapter 37**

"I can't!" Kassidi yells at Wesley.

"Kassidi, you have to, we all have to," He yells back at her.

"No, I won't move, I don't want to go,"

"You don't have a choice,"

"Why not? I'm seventeen, I'm old enough to be on my own,"

"Not with a baby on the way you're not,"

"What if I stay with someone? I can talk to Nicoletta, they have extra rooms in their house,"

"She has a baby of her own, you will be a burden to her, especially once you have your kid,"

"What about Delilah? Or even Jessica? They both live in huge houses!" Kassidi wipes a few stray tears away. "I don't want to leave, daddy," She slumps on the couch and covers her eyes as tears start to stream down them.

Wesley sits down next to her. "What is so important about this place? You have no boyfriend, your friends will most likely forget about you once you all have babies."

Kassidi snaps her head up. "No they won't! We will still be friends, and I don't care if I have no boyfriend,"

"Then what is holding you back?"

Kassidi gulps. She can't possibly tell him she is afraid to leave Trystan, not after their friendship has just started to bloom into something. She can't tell him she is afraid of more change, afraid to meet new people, afraid to have a baby, afraid to start a new life, afraid of the hate and rude comments by people when they find out she's pregnant.

"I just can't leave, dad,"

Wesley gets off the couch. "Come talk to me when you find out what's wrong, I don't care what you say, you are moving with us." He walks down the hall to his room.

Kassidi shakes her head and runs to her room where she slams the door and locks it behind her. She slides down the door and holds her head in her knees as she bawls.

**************************************555******************************

Kassidi opens her eyes to her dark bedroom. Her head rests on her folded arms as she lays on her back. She gets up slowly as the nausea hits her. She holds her head and gulps down the little saliva she has in her dry mouth. Her back is killing her and her throat is dry as parchment. She waits until the wave of nausea passes. She stands up slowly and turns on her bedroom light.

The little room is illuminated by the yellow light from the uncovered lightbulb on the ceiling. A few dirty clothes lay on the floor along with a few empty bottles of water and Pepsi. She picks up the bottles and a few candy wrappers and throws them in her trash bin. She picks up the dirty clothes and unlocks her door to a dark hallway. The light from her bedroom casts shadows down the vacant hallway and into the dark living room.

Kassidi turns on the bathroom light and throws the dirty clothes in the dirty hamper. She picks up a towel and a pair of socks off the floor and throws them in the hamper as well. She sits on the toilet and does her business, washes her hands, and heads to the kitchen.

She keeps the lights off as she makes her way through the little trailer. She opens the refrigerator and pulls out a bottled water. She unscrews the top and gulps half of it down. Then she pulls out the Mayo and sandwich ham.

She pulls the bread from the pantry and a knife from its drawer. She spreads the Mayo on two slices of bread and puts a piece of ham on it. She takes a bite just as her stomach growls.