Ch.17 A Fight

**Chapter 17**

Kassidi lets Wyatt kiss her neck as she texts Trystan back on her still brand new iPhone. Kassidi can still picture his piercing green eyes whenever she closes hers. It’s not wrong, she can still talk to other boys even though she is dating Wyatt, it’s not like she flirts with Tristyn. Her and Trystan are just good friends. He does her nails and she gives his mother business. They talk all the time but they are just friends, right? Kassidi can’t tell if she likes him just as a friend or more than a friend.

“Mhmm,” Wyatt moans into her neck. “Baby,” He looks up at her. “Let’s make love.”

“What?” Kassidi croaks out.

“Let’s make love. Just like we used to all the time.”

“Sex?” Kassidi gulps and hopes to god that Wyatt didn’t hear.

“Yeah,” Wyatt says confused now. “Come on Kass, we haven’t… had sex in over five months.” Wyatt says with a pause in between as he chooses his words.

“Wyatt,” Kassidi starts.

“What?” Wyatt interrupts.

“I’m not sure I’m ready yet.”

“Ready yet?” Wyatt asks, sounding irritated.

“Yes, ready yet.”

“What do you mean, we have obviously already gotten passed the ready part.” He gestures to her pregnant belly.

“That’s not what I meant.”

“Then what did you mean?”

“I meant,” Kassidi has to swallow and breathe before answering him. “I’m still emotionally upset about Onah and about moving and everything.”

“I could take your mind off all that.” Wyatt says excitedly. He tries to tug at her shirt but she pushes his hands away.

“Wyatt, I mean it. I’m not ready yet.”

“We used to do this all the time.” Wyatt says. “Aren’t you supposed to be more horny when your pregnant?”

Kassidi just stares at him. What has gotten into him? Wyatt has never pressured her before.

“Come on Kass, please.”

“No, Wyatt.”

“Kassidi, I have waited patiently for five months without a word, I think it’s time you give yourself over to me.”

Kassidi can’t help but let her jaw drop. “Give myself to you?”

“Yes. I was respectful when the kid died, but it’s time you let go.”

“The kid?” Kassidi stands up from the couch. “The kid? His name is Onah, and I am not going to let him go!”

“Kassidi sit back down.”

“No!” She screams at him. “Did you even like Onah?” She whispers quietly.

“Of course I liked him, he was annoying but he wasn’t bad.”

Kassidi shakes her head. “What about our child?”

“What about it?”

“Are you going to say the same thing about our child too? That he’s annoying but not bad?”

“Kassidi all children are annoying.” Wyatt argues.

“This is our child you are talking about, Wyatt!” Kassidi almost yells at him.