Ch.21 Sandy?

**Chapter 21**

“Delilah Anderson, to the office please.” The PA speakers announce in a woman’s voice.

Delilah sighs in relief as she gets up from her desk. She had been sitting in US History about to discuss her part of the Roman Empire project she had worked on while out of school to Amy. Delilah could tell that Amy preferred to do the project alone.

“Good riddance.” Delilah hears Amy whisper to a random kid closest to her.

Delilah shakes her head as she looks back at her. Amy smiles sweetly at her and Delilah glares at her before she ducks out of the room.

The hallway is empty. Not a single soul in sight. The blue and red lockers all bland as she passes them. A few classroom doors are open with loud teachers lecturing or getting after a student, other doors are closed with teachers at boards.

Miss. Hayden types furiously on her laptop and once in a while she will write something down on various colored sticky notes. She glances up from her workstation when she hears the door open and smiles at Delilah.

“Line two, sweetie.” She says and pushes her long blond braid behind her back after it falls over her shoulder.

Delilah thanks her and inspects her beautiful face. She is flawless. Her strong cheekbones and blemish free features. Even her mismatched colored eyes are flawless, with them both green but her left one half brown. Delilah picks up the public phone and pushes line two.

“Hello?” She asks curiously into the phone.

“Delilah?” Sandy asks on the other side of the phone.

Delilah gulps. She hasn’t spoken to her mother since she kicked her out almost five months ago. Not even a run in at the store or a single phone call asking how well she was. Nothing to contact her at all.

“Hello?” Sandy asks.

“Sandy,” Delilah says into the phone with a surprisingly strong voice.   

“I am your mother, Delilah.” Sandy sounds angrily into the phone.

“So,” Delilah says with no emotion in her voice.

“So you don’t call my Sandy. You call me mom or mother.”

“You haven’t been my mom or mother in over five months, Sandy. You were the one who kicked me out. You were the one who never contacted me. You were the one who said you never wanted to see me again and never wanted to see my children. And you expect me to call you mom?” Delilah says not caring that Miss. Hayden could hear her.

“You never tried to contact me either, Delilah, so don’t make me the bad guy here.”

“I wasn’t about to contact you when both my parents basically told me they hated me and I was a disappointment.”

“Now you stop that right now!” Sandy shouts. “If you were here right now I would smack you across your god dam face!”

“Well I’m not there now am I. Sorry I can’t be your punching bag anymore. Who did you pick, Emmy since she’s next in line, or Aurora since she’s a brat? Oh, or have you stooped so low as to hit Dawn who is just a baby still?”

“That’s none of your concern.”

“It is if you hurt them. I may hate the little brats but their still my sisters.”

“I don’t touch them, Delilah. They would just blab and get me in trouble again.”

“Again? Has this happened more since I left? I know you got in trouble when I was still living with you all.”