Ch.43 Kaysyn Ryder

**Chapter 43**

It's the first day of December and the holiday cheer is spreading everywhere. Everyone is happy except Nicoletta. Jessica found her happiness with Harley. Kassidi got back with Wyatt. Delilah's little sisters are going to be adopted in January. Everyone is so happy. Even the kids at school are slightly nicer to each other.

It's been two in a half weeks since Jace and her broke up. Every morning they would see each other when they would leave for school. Since Jace and her weren't speaking Astrid drove her to school every day. Every day they would see each other in class. There was no escaping each other.

Nicoletta sniffles and wipes at her eyes before anyone has a chance to see her silently crying. She looks back at the book she is supposed to be reading, The Scarlet Letter. She likes the book, now if only she could concentrate on it. She glances over to see Jace staring at the floor instead of his book lost in thought, just like her.

Nicoletta wonders if he was thinking about her, or even at all. She can't even count how many times she thought about him. Was he missing her just the same as she was him? Did he ever regret it? Was he done sorting out his life? Was he ever going to go back to Nicoletta and her unborn son? Was he just using her for sex? No, they never had that much sex.

She looks at him again to see him looking at her. He smiles at her and she shakes her head and looks back at her book. It hurts her to see him every day. Hurts to know that he let his father get between them. Maybe she was being selfish, but she couldn't help it. She wanted him still. She wants to get her good morning kiss from him as they go to school in the morning. Wants to go back to her house and just watch movies and cuddle like they used to. She wants her goodnight kiss from him before he leaves for dinner at his own house. She wants to stay up talking to eachother while whispering through their windows. She wants Jace back. She is sick of crying herself to sleep at night. Sick of waking Astrid up to drive her to school. Sick of seeing him every day and not being able to run to him and hug him.

The bell rings so she jumps up and leaves without a glance back at Jace. She wants to be done with school and go on break already. School doesn't get out for the holidays until the 19th, giving her three weeks of school. She wishes she could just skip time to Christmas, she wants to have her son, someone who she can love, someone to love her back, someone who can't leave her for a long time.

*****555*****

Jessica has a smile plastered on her face all day. It's December 17th, her due date. She is to wait and see if her water breaks on its own first though. Her heart beats fast all day with excitement. She practically skips to all her classes.

"Calm down," A person says in the seat next to her.

"I can't, I'm having a baby today!" She shrieks happily. The kid just stares at her with wide eyes as Jessica skips from the class at the bell.

Jessica practically plows down Harley after school. She hugs her tightly and plants a kiss on her lips.

"I'm having a baby!" She shrieks. "I want you to be there when it happens," Her cheeks flush with embarrassment. "If you want to I mean."

"Of course I want to be there!" Harley shrieks back. "Are you kidding me, I wouldn't miss this for the world!"

"Yay," Jessica says happily and hugs her girlfriend again. "I'm so excited!"

*****555*****

December 18th

"I'm so scared," Jessica says as she is rushed from school in an ambulance to the hospital.

"You're doing great," The paramedic woman says. "Just hold that baby in until we get to the hospital." She smiles at her.

Jessica holds in a scream as her stomach clamps tight with a contraction.