Ch.25 Missing

**Chapter 25**

Delilah sits in Principle Ellmwood’s office for the third time that week. He did what he promised, he made a few calls and is getting Delilah help. The first day Delilah spent her time just sitting in his office staring out the window as he made phone calls, once in a while he would cover the phones speaker and ask her a question then repeat it into the phone. Two police officers came in and asked her a few questions and said they would get back to her. The second day she did the same thing, only she went to her classes until he called her down right after lunch, and she never talked to the police. The third day, present day, she sits outside his office in a chair and waits impatiently for him to let her in.

The bell rings out in the hallway signaling fourth period. The halls fill with hormonal teenagers and a few glance at her through the glass window separating them. Principle Ellmwood opens his door and signals her in before an enraged teacher bursts through the door with five boys in front of her.

Principle Ellmwood sighs and looks the five boys up and down. One of the boys is licking a bloody lip, another holding a bloody Kleenex to his nose, another holding his eye, with the other two snickering under their breath.

“Mrs. Bent,” Principle Ellmwood says and she looks at him, “I will need you to wait outside here for just a few moments, if you need to you can go back to class and leave these boys here with Miss. Hayden.”

“But,” Mrs. Bent starts but then sees the two Police officers enter the office door behind her and the two already in his office. She nods her head.

“Delilah,” Principle Ellmwood motions to his office. He shakes hands with the two new officers who both took off their police hats.

Delilah looks both men up and down quickly. The chubbier policeman has a name tag with Detective Dobbs printed on it in black font. The other man, skinnier and more fit than Detective Dobbs, has no nametag. Delilah notes that his unshaven face makes him look sexy and dangerous.

Delilah walks into the little office of Principle Ellmwood, already the office feels cramped with the two sitting officers. Delilah doesn’t even look at them, instead she watches all five boys crane their necks to get a look into the small glass window next to the door of his office.

“Take a seat, Delilah.” Principle Ellmwood says and motions to the only chair left in the cramped space, his chair.

Delilah sits down and immediately she wants to take a nap. The leather recliner that rolls is so soft and comfy she has to force her eyes to stay open.

“I’ll leave you all to it.” Principle Ellmwood says and leaves the office.

Delilah still can see the boys staring at her, wondering what she did to deserve a seat in Principle Ellmwood’s chair and four officers.

“Delilah Anderson,” The sexy scruffy faced no nametag officer says.

Delilah smiles at him. Even his voice is sexy. “Yes,”

“Sandy Millar is your mother, correct?” He asks, no trace of anything in his voice, just hard and gruff, down to business like.

Delilah nods her head yes. “Unfortunately.”

“I understand you no longer live with your mother, correct?”

“Yes,”

“Have you had any contact with your mother recently?”

“She called me at school just two days ago.”

“Was she asking anything of you?”

“Yeah, why?” All the officers’ faces were hard, down to business.