Ch.22 Help?

**Chapter 22**

 “Delilah,” A males voice says sternly yet worried. “Delilah Anderson, are you alright? Do we need to call an ambulance?”

Delilah looks up at Principle Ellmwood. Delilah blinks a few times and regains her balance. She shakes her head to clear her mind before speaking.

“No, no, I’m fine now, thanks.” Delilah says and gulps. Sandy always upsets her. “I’ll just be going back to class now.” She turns on her heel to leave.

“May I speak with you in my office please, Miss Anderson?” Principle Ellmwood asks, stopping Delilah in the doorway of the office.

Delilah gulps. Now she has to talk about her phone call and all that just happened. Delilah isn’t prepared to talk about Sandy, not yet at least.

“I really have to get back to US History though, sir.” Delilah says. Sir? She thinks to herself. Since when does she call someone sir?

“I will excuse you.” Principle Ellmwood says and shuffles her into his office. “Miss. Hayden, please send an E-mail out to her next two classes excusing her, please.”

“Right away, Mr. Ellmwood.” Miss. Hayden moves her mouse and clicks it a few times.

Principle Ellmwood shuts the heavy door and sits down in his leather looking chair. “Take a seat please.” He motions to the two chairs sitting in front of his desk. A gold nameplate with Jackson Ellmwood sits in visible view.

Delilah sits down in the wooden chair closest to her. The seat is hard and hurts her butt and back. She is tired and doesn’t want to talk to Principle Ellmwood.

“So,” He says and looks at her. “I heard your side of your phone call.”

“Cool,” Delilah blurts out.

“May I ask what’s going on?”

Delilah has to bite her tongue to stop herself from telling him it’s none of his business. Delilah can’t afford getting into any more trouble though.

“Not much, you?”

“Delilah, this is about you, not me.”

“Why is everything about me?”

“I’m sorry, do you want to know what’s been going on with me?”

“I don’t know,”

“Do you think you could tell me bits and pieces of what’s got you so shaken up?”

“I’m not shaken up,”

“Okay, will you tell me though?”

“Fine. You have to tell me first though.”

“Okay, what would you like to know?”

“I don’t know.” Delilah says stubbornly.

“Okay then. Well, I’ll tell you about my day.” He smiles.

Delilah sighs and slumps down in the hard chair. Here we go. She thinks to herself.

“So I got up this morning and went for my daily run. I almost froze my butt off by the way. Then I went home and made myself some breakfast, which wasn’t my best if I say so myself. Then I showered and got ready for my day.” He smiles halfheartedly. “I was having a wonderful day, I mean, I did wake up healthy this morning,”

Oh boy, he’s one of those people. Delilah thinks to herself and sighs.

“I get to school and go to a staff meeting just to spill Coffee all down the front of me. So I ran home and got fresh clothes, just to get back to six missed calls, three students in the office waiting for me, and a meeting I have been waiting for had been postponed, again. I sat down in my office after I dealt with the three students and five missed calls.” He gulps. “I called the last missed call to find out my mother is in the hospital again from her Prostate Cancer, the little devil keeps recurring.”