Prologue

20th of June, 2024

Because of politicians' greed, World War has shattered all over the world.

The dust and sounds of tanks everywhere on the ground are making a dreadful noise, so loud that it could burst.

An assassin and soldier, Michael Wane serves the government as an emotionless tool. He has no family or friends.

He was a refugee orphan, but a soldier came to him and trained him to become a weapon for them in the next few years. 

On the battle ground where Michael is staying to lead his army, The opponents collapsed. And on the ground, hundreds of soldiers died, and the sound of screaming, bleeding, and begged for their lives. 

And a bullet raining everywhere. That's the life of Michael Wane. 

A soldier came to the inside of the tent and saluted Michael. 

"Sir, We need to make a decision about what we are going to do with those prisoners!" (Soldier 1)

"How many prisoners do we have?" A cold gaze and a voice.

"I."It's twenty-five, sir!" (Soldier 1)

"Hmm, just kill them."...

Sir? (Soldier 1):

"Why? Don't you hear me? " 

A serious gaze and a cold voice from Michael.

"I."I understand." (Soldier 1)

A few minutes later, after the man soldier came out of the tent, he suddenly came back and said,

"Sir! This will end the lives of many civilians who have nothing to do with this war! And there are still innocent and vulnerable victims too. We don't need to kill them all." (Soldier 1)

"Why do we need to kill those innocent people? "Sir," (Soldier 1)

"Because we have to seize this opportunity whenever we can. To be able to not have trouble in the future."

"But—" (Soldier 1)

"— Also, if we let go of this opportunity, even more innocent people will be killed. Anyway, those people are bound to die in this war. "

The soldier's fist trembled in anger and pity.

Before the man soldier came out, he said the last thing.

"Sir."

"What is it?"

You don't care if that many people die? "(Soldier 1)