Chapter 12: Young girl

Because Selena City is to the east, Riyo's house is not far from Selena City, and he will be there in a few minutes. East is popular for agriculture, livestock, and adventurers' guilds, but on the other hand, people, or beastmen, live in the West District.

However, public safety is much worse in the West District than in the East. Because people in the West are have a lot of bandits, have lost their jobs, don't have a place to live, or have heard rumors about thieves.The greater the size of the city, the darker it gets.

I went up a street in the West where's are so many dangerous people like thieves. First, I need to go to the guild and sell the red crystal and green ear of goblins.

Every street had a slave fighter, and there were adventurers who had lost their jobs due to an amputated leg or hand; even there was a healing magic, for them, it would be expensive because healing magic is rare in this world.

While thinking about such things I heard  someone in the back alley. It was a young girl wearing a dirty torn clothes.

So... I hurry toward that back alley. When I arrived on the scene, there were four mean-looking men harassing the young girl, who was crouching on the ground. While the girl is trying to fight back against them.

[Now, Now, You need to come with us. Even though your body is not beautiful, you can still be useful, so come with us.]

While the young girl was crouching on the ground, she kicked the man's ball, and then the man suddenly fell on the ground. In the pain of kicking to him.

One of the men pulls out a knife and holds the young girl's arm. The young girl sees it and goes pale in fear. And she tried to shout for help, but the people were just looking at her and it felt like nothing happened.

[Help me! ... Help!]

While she was crying, the young girl was begging four people, but the four men only laughed at her and refused to take their hands off her.

[Haha. It's too late now. You have already customer, so there is no need for you to fight back. Just follow us. Or if you still refuse to come with us, we are going to kill you.]

And Riyo he could no longer afford to watch what four men were doing to a young girl. So he helped the young girl and then said.

"Umm... Excuse me? Could you leave the young girl."

The four-men looked back towards me with a cold gaze and the young girl was looking at me while she was crying.

[Who are you?! Do you also want to join with us?]

"Me? I'm just passing through. So can you let go of the young girl."

[Hey, kid. In this place (the West), there is no hero here. So I'm not in a mood, so go back to your house and drink your mommy's breast milk.]

[Hahahaha...] the four men laughed.

When Riyo heard his mother, he raised his right hand and cast a lightning spell, and the sky suddenly turned dark and lightning hit the four men. And the two guards who were disguised were surprised when they saw Riyo's magic. 

Arghh....

I shot the four men with my Lightning Magic, and they passed out and fell on the ground. And I approached the young girl.

"Hey... Are you all right?"

The young girl nods at her face, which was wet because of the tears. There were the marks of injuries and bruises on her face and body. And I cast a healing magic on her. 

"Wait. Stay still."

"Heal Magic"

I use the healing magic I received on Elizabeth, and her small scratches and bruises on her body disappear immediately. Also, in my magic bag, I pick out clothes and the young girl looks at her body and is surprised at the change. She was a bit cute.

After healing her body back to normal state and giving her a clean clothes, I picked up the silver wire from my magic bag and the four men. I tied them in order not to move, and then I was going to bring them to the guards. For pushisment.

"So, What are you doing here and where's you're family?!"

[I have no place nor family.]

While saying so, the young girl suddenly lower her head and her hands were still trembling.

'Hmm... I understand. Next time, don't go to this dangerous place. It's already late. So, I'm going back."

"Wai-Wait!"

The young girl called me and touched my brown cloak, stopping me from trying to leave. and she wanted to say something.

[Umm....Tha-Thank... you for.... saving me.] 

"All right. Be careful next time." 

Before I could say good-bye to her, there was a stomach rumbling from a young girl.

"Hey...do you want to eat?"

[I'm sorry I haven't eaten for two days.]

"it can't be helped. Come with me. I'll buy you something to eat."

[It's okay for you?]

"Why? don't you want to?"

Without knowing my sentiments, the young girl ran over toward me and touched my cloak.

"Ok. Let's go. Also, What's your name?"

[Menna.]

After that, I canceled going to the guild in order to treat the young girl.(Menna) 

A few minutes. I bought a hot soup and gave it to her, when we arrived at the store. Menna accepts it timidly and begins to eat it a little at a time. She seems she like it. I was concerned that she would drink it all at once, so it's just right. because she had not eaten for the past two days.

"Menna. Where are you going now?"