Chapter 26: Lightning Blue Spear

After the proposed marriage and property was over, Riyo and his father returned to Zohaya village by riding on the royal carriage with four escorting royal knights.

Seven days had passed, the Zohaya village came into view, and while we were riding on the royal carriage in the middle of the road, so many people greeted us, and then we arrived at the mansion, where on our front was Riyo's mother, standing on the outside of their mansion, and beside her, three maids were waiting for us.

And then Riyo and his father got out of the royal carriage while their expressions were exhausted and tired.

[Welcome back. Dear.]

[Oh, Hon... Sorry to keep you waiting. There's something we want to talk to you about to our son.]

After returning to Zohaya village and back to the mansion, my father explained the entire situation to my mother while I was sitting beside them and only my family was gathered in the living room. Right now, there are only three of us on the inside of the living room.

 [Oh my, Riyo, my son, was made a hero in the Zeula kingdom and also in the audience of his majesty, the king of the kingdom of Zeula. And he was being given proverty as well.]

[So... why did you not tell me about what happened to you in the forest? Mhmm...]

Her mother looked at him with an unidentified expression of intent. And as for Riyo, he only nodded at her.

I'm not sure if she's happy or not, but I can't read her expression. Also, this is my true mother, our family's leader, and even my father cannot stop her when her expression changes. That's why my last hope was that it'd be my cuteness towards her as the Hanes family's oldest son.

While he was nodding at her, Riyo rubbed his chin and cleared his throat. He threw off the tire attitude, and he lifted his head and looked at her mother, opening his mouth with a cute and normal-pitched voice.

"My apologies, mother, because it happened unexpectedly, and I don't have time to tell you about something important like this."

It was just an act toward her mother to avoid
the long conversation with her mother and Riyo. He has been like this in acting toward his family for five years, and things will continue like that for more years.

Because the Hanes family was overflowing with love for him because he was the only son of the Hanes family. That is why it is too much for a former soldier who has finally experienced a doting parent's love.

And then her mother expression back to normal and Jane looked at her son with loving eyes.

"Fufufu My lovely baby, come here."

"Y-Yes, mother."

Riyo hid his actual expression and approached as nicely as possible, with a cute face. And her mother hugged him.

"fufufu. My lovely baby!"

Jane rubbed her cheek hard against her son's.

[Riyo, my lovely son, I hope you're not going to lie to me from now on and tell me the truth.]

"Yes. Mother."

[Ahem... We are still in an important discussion. There is a problem. It is still top secret, but it has been decided that the royal princess of the Zeula Kingdom will be the fiancee of our son Riyo. And Riyo, he will move to Zeula City to study by his Majesty's order and gratitude to him.]

[Oh my, that's truly amazing... That shows how grateful they are to you for saving the royal princess! You now have a fiancée at the age of five. I'm glad for you.]

Jane was delighted and happy. Nothing makes a mother happier than seeing the child she gave birth to be granted peerage and become self-sufficient. Moreover, his fiancee is none other than the royal princess of the kingdom of Zeula.

And after the discussion with his family, a maid from the Hanes family guides him back to his room. And as for Riyo, he jumped to his bed, looked at the ceiling, slightly closed his eyes, and just slept, forgetting all that happened.

◇ ◇ ◇

In the morning, his life is back to normal again, but after he turns twelve years old, he will be moved to Zeula city to study in the academy.

Riyo woke up and slowly opened his eyes, got out of the huge bed, and walked to the window. On the outside, you can see the beautiful landscape of agriculture and the people working. The scent of flowers, which were slowly starting to bloom, tickled Riyo's nose. However, that didn't seem to impress the boy. At first glance, he had the face of a child, but his expression seemed to be that of an adult, the expression of someone who'd experienced all sorts of disasters in the world.

*Knock! *Knock!

[Young master!]

"Come in"

The door opened, and Rane with. walked in.

[young master. Your father and Madame were waiting for you in the dining room.] Rane nodded while saying to him.

"I understand."

After he changed his clothes, they headed to the dining room.

"Good morning, mother and father."

[Hmm... Sit down.]

"Yes"

◇  ◇  ◇

After eating, Riyo goes to the outside to visit his second house in the demon forest.

"Hmm... I wonder if I could see still monsters here it's been one week."

My thoughts, have become much tougher. If it were me in the past, I would have fainted at the mere sight of a monster and refused to even meet one, let alone fight it. Now I use it as a means of calming my mind.

I cut my exploration short because I was expecting to walk back to that cave house on foot, so there were no problems. While I was in the middle of the forest, I unexpectedly heard a small sound. Something is groaning and shrieking. From the feel of the voice, it's not a very human voice.

As I was curious, I activated the [Detect Magic Skill] and approached the unknown sound. And then I saw the shadows of three monsters.

and then.

woof woof!

"griieccck!"

A big demon bear monster was attacking the two white dogs. One was lying down on the ground and the other was a very small white poppy, a newbon poppy. He tried to protect the white dog on the ground.

The white puppy was battered and covered in blood, but stood there desperately. But his body is likely tired and then he loses consciousness. Even the bear demon monster had a wicked grin on its face, and I could clearly see the saliva coming out of his mouth.

And then the demon bear monster found me, but I chanted a lightning spell, and I threw the [Lightning Blue Spear] at the Demon Bear monster with all the strength I could muster. And I immediately took out the silver swords from my magic box item and jumped out of the place where I was hiding so that its consciousness would be directed towards me.

"Come on, bring it----"

"...."

.....

....Eh?

When I threw the [Lightning Blue Spear], the upper half of the bear Demon monster's body had disappeared.