Chapter 13: Menna

She didn't answer me because she was really hungry. She sipped the soup and chewed her meat like a little cat in her bottomless pit known as her stomach. And then Riyo asked her again.

"So, Where's you're parents?"

[I don't have any family. And... I've also slept anywhere as well as in the back alley. My father died on disease, my mother works in a brothel, and he no longer cares about me.]

"Wait...Your father died on disease?"

[Uhm...Five years ago, my father went up in the forest to hunt for our food, and when he came back, his face became pale. That's all I know.]

"Hmm... I see... a disease from the demon beast or not. But it wasn't uncommon for your father to go into the forest are so danger. And because of that, many people also have the same disease as your father."

After finishing her food, she wipes her grubby hands on her equally torn clothes.

So because his father went away to go get their food, she's been left alone. It's amazing that she's been able to survive in this world.

[And after my father died, there was a woman who came to our house and she said she knew my mother. I followed her in the city and I found out that my mother was working in a brothel and she was the one who sold me to the slave merchant. I knew it was a bad thing, but I escaped and became a pickpocket. In order to survive.]

"Then, when you were in the back alley, who was that four-guy who tried to hurt you?"

[...They were from a slave merchant when my mother sold me to them. And then they found me while I was trying to buy some dry bread.]

 *Sigh* What should I do with this kid? She has no parents nor relatives. Even if I took her to his mother, it would be pointless, but if I take him to a church orphanage, she will be safe. If all goes well, I will bring her to church. And when I heard her story, I realized she was alone and it was like she had nothing left.

"Menna, would you want to come with me? and I'll take you to your new place."

[...Where?]

"You wouldn't have to worry. I will bring you to a warm place to live with food and you can sleep without bothering you. However, I'll have to leave this job to you. If you can do that, then I will be grateful. How about it?"

[Eh? A warm place with food? Really?]

Menna stares at me with a surprised expression. I was a bit suprised when she stares at me with sparkling eyes.

"However, it is upon the condition that you never work in this place again."

[Yes!! I promise!]

Riyo smiled at her and patted her head lightly as she nodded. I wonder what her abilities are, but I think she's a good kid.

"Alright, with that settled let's go to orphanage church."

[Wait. Mister. What's you're name?]

"Wait. I'm only five years old, so don't address me as 'Mister.' we are the same age. But not our height."

[Then...What I'm going to call you?]

"...Just call me Brother Riyo."

Kay!!

In a few minutes, I take Menna out of the west and enter the east and escort her to the orphanage church. 

[Brother Riyo. Are you from noble family?]

"Hmm.. Why do you ask?"

[I'm sorry... When you open your brown claok, I see your noble suit.]

For no reason, Menna apologized to me and nodded her head.

"You don't need to apologize to me. It's fine, and you're correct. I'm from a small town from baron family."

We arrive at east and also on church comes into view. Upon seeing that, Menna looks back at me with a dumbfounded look on her face.

[Brother Riyo.. thi-this is the place you say!?]

"That's right."

A priest came out of the church and then he approached Riyo.

[Riyo, my lord! It's been a long time since you visit to our church.]

"Good afternoon, Priest Nord. I'm sorry for not informing you that I'm going to the church."

[Hahaha... it's fine. It's fine. Oh?!, Who is that young girl in your behind?] Nord said.

Nord stares gently at Menna for a little bit. Maybe because she was shy, Menna hid behind my back.

"Well, she is from the west. This girl's name is Menna. Priest Nord. Can she live with you in your church? she will also be working for you. Menna. Introduce yourself to priest Nord."

[Umm....Menna. Pleased to meet you... Mr.Nord.]

Her face was like a rabbit while her two hands were holding her torn clothes. Is she nervous? Well, if I were suddenly brought her to church I think, I might feel the same.

[Hohoho...Of course, We are open for a lost child or someone who has no family.] Nord said.

"Okay, Priest Nord. Take care of Menna, she is not a bad young girl."

[Hohoho. leave it to me.]

After that, he took Menna and went into the inside of the church. while she suddenly looked back and called me.

[Brother Riyo!.... Thank you again for help me!!]

While she is waving her hand, I gently smile at her and leave.