Chapter 3: Appraisal

We reach the city by our carriage and I can see the road from the carriage's window, the city is full of people and merchant line up, and I think in this city are the beautiful are I never seen in my life. Riding shooking carriage for about hour to reach the church. Drop off in front of the middle road where's the church, then go to the gate. And an old man bald who a looking priest approached, Riyo father--No. My father.

"It's been while, Baron Jake and Baron Jane. What are you doing here?" Priest said.

"Me too. It's been while. Priest." Jane said.

"Yeah... it's been while, Priest Nord. I brought my son today." Jake said with a slight smile on his face.

I think my family is popular in this church this is my first time to meet this priest.

"Hmm... it's him? May I know your name kid." 

Wait...Me? Did he say a kid?... Well he's not wrong. 

"Good morning. Priest. My name is Riyo Hanes son of Jake Hanes, my father." 

Riyo bow to him while his right hand are on his heart while he introuduce himself.

"Hohoho... What a 5 years old... Hey, Jake. This is your real son?"

"Why? You are amazed at my son? "Chuckle" is a genius, isn't he? even read a book when he was 2 years old."

When his father is laughing the oldman he think he is being mocking but he just sigh and smile to him.

"No. It's nothing. You three come inside of our church."

The priest is handling my father with a hospitality and lead him to inside of church .

The priest is leading us family now. While going to the inside the church, he opens the door and it's beautiful and the first I saw is the statue of two gods.

"It's been while." Riyo said while looking to two gods statue.

"I'm going to guide you in a room where's you can pray to gods or asking them for protection."  Priest said.

"Yes, Thank you so much for our guide." Jake said.

After that the room that has been prepared it is  big and beautiful but it has a certain given calm feeling and warm in this room.

My father and my mother sitting next to me. And on the room there's a sister approached us and give each of us of hot tea.

I asked my father, what the church people are so kind to us.

"Father. What's wrong to those sister and priest, what are they're so kind to us?"

My mother looked at me and then said.

"Well... my son...a long time ago this city has been attack by monster and they took all the woman from this city. And your father arrived at this city he help the people wounded and he all heal them after that they followed the monster and saved the woman. That's why they so kind to us." Jane said with a sweet smile on his face."

While my mother saying the story to me in my next seat I saw my father his face happy and proud.

Hmm... That's why when I'm in the inside of carriage there are so many people greet us.

"Ok. I understand now. Thank you for telling me mother." Riyo said.

"Ok.. you can pray now. Riyo closed your eyes and called the gods. But they not gonna appeared to us, so just only wish to them." Jake said.