Chapter 22 : Doors open!

It was 11 in the night, I settled on my bed with a blank mind, nothing was actually doing the mice race in my head. Losing a brother and losing the girl I loved had settled with in. Staying with the void had become a habit.

"Yes mom," I yelled back listening to my mom calling me out for few fruits. This was followed like a ritual at home ever since I was a kid. Felt good tat, few things had actually not changed back at home.

"Don't you look, ill?" Mom intrigued, I looked at her with my knitted brows.

"You need not do tat, your brows are already joint," she imitated me and I released the tension on my forehead in a jiff and smiled at her words.

"This is missing from your face. Its been almost a month since you are back at home, you have hardly spoken to any of us," her voice seemed worried.

I shrugged at her and let out a sigh. She went in the kitchen to place the bowl. I sat on the couch looking at few papers on the table beside. She came back and sat next to me.

"Staying idle at home is not going to fetch you anything, son. You need to put yourself at work and let things occupy the void within," she placed her hand on my head trying to brush my hair. I slipped and landed on her lap, my legs crossed the couch.

"I had told your dad to get a couch which was longer, when does he ever listen to people," mom expressed her anger. I smirked resting on her lap.

"What have you decided to do now? I know, going back to Mumbai is not one of the things you would want to do, and I wouldn't let you do it as well," her voice seemed firm. I hummed to what she said.

It was almost a month and I had really not thought of what I wanted to do.

"I know, nothing is there in your mind as of now" I looked at her amused.

"I am your mother, I know what runs in your head and what does not," she knocked on my head.

"As a kid, I always knew what your inclinations were, and still kept them aside and went on to pursue something you were not that interested in. You did it because i had you for it," I remained silent on her lap, while she continued brushing my hair.

"For a change you are letting me meddle your hair, are you okay?" She mocked at me. I was at ease on her lap, I did not want to get up from there. I smiled beneath her hands.

"I want you to start doing what you love the most, the IT does not really seem you cup of tea," she smirked.

"Do something in field of dance, it will keep you alive, " I got up as she spoke.

"Mom, I am twenty four, according to the society you people believe in, wouldn't it be a concern," with out thinking much I spoke.

"Yes, I was worried before, not now. Your happiness stands above all," I sighed. I was not sure of taking the path, but knowing that my mom had realised what passion meant to me, I was relieved.

"Now that, you spoke of your age, its also a must that in a couple of years I need to get you married," mom pursed her lips and gave a look at me.

That set a cold wave within. That was one thing I did not want to hear. Mom saw my face go down and she sensed she shouldn't have spoken that, I raised my face and smiled at her and left to my room.

Marriage always meant Aarti, I could not imagine myself spending life with anyone other than her. I would prefer staying alone rather do that. I wouldn't be able to do justice to the new person in my life. It would be unfair. I let out a sigh and settled my head on the pillow, gazing the ceiling.