Chapter 29 : The Moment!

I looked at Nishant as Tanmay rolled out the question. His silence meant that he had conveyed our conversation that had happened last night to Tanmay. I did not know how to react. I sat there motionless.

"It would be better to answer, rather sit silent," Tanmay kept provoking.

"Yes, is an answer to your question. The inherent trust I have on her, tells me she wouldn't have done anything of the sort it seems to be," I spoke in one breath.

'Do you still believe you can get her?'

His question kept ringing in my head as I answered. I could feel the rise in temperature within.

"What do you think would have happened?" He asked.

"You should be the better one to answer it Tani. I, being here with you when all this happened, am unaware of it. To expect him to know is slightly stupid, I believe," Nishant spoke in my defence.

"Her brother wanted you to tie knots with her, he strongly did not like Mayank, we all know. The dinner at her place was the last incident I witnessed and that is the last thing he knows. Sadly, he is the one who should have known everything that happened, but.." I cut him through.

"Did you find it that difficult to contact me and tell me things straight about what was happening? It was related to my life for godsake. All you could have done was informed me. Do you recognise the person sitting in front of you? Because my mother cannot. She defies my identity today," I stood up and blurted stuffs to which he put his head down.

"Yes, I should have chosen this path. Back then, I did not have the right mindset to make decisions," he said.

"And you decided to oblige to what Aman said and you moved out with her? Not only that, you also made her believe that I was cheating on her! Right?" Nishant held my hand as I moved slightly front towrads Tanmay.

"Yes, I did move out with her. But, I did not brain feed her that you were cheating on her," his voice had a slight tinge of guilt.

"Then who? Every damn person I meet denies of that. Aryan put the blame on Nishant, and now whom do you want to clear your shoulders off with?" I compelled him.

"Mayank, calm down. I can explain. You still don't know what exactly happened," Tanmay went into a softer note now.

"Mithu, sit down. We have met today to end this. You have waited for a year to know the answers, some more patience should do it brother," Nishant consoled and made me sit beside Tanmay.

There was silence around as the sun set. The birds were making trips back to their nests. I could hear the chirps and that soothed me slightly. After a while, Tanmay wrapped his arms around my shoulder.

It so happens that, when someone is broken from within, a silent hug would do wonders to them, more than what words would.

The barely built sandhouse crushed down as he gave a hug. I surrendered in few seconds weeping and hugged him back. I had missed him, I wanted to be by his side when I was down in dumps. I closed my eyes and hugged him back, I cried till my lungs heaved for breath. Nishant, soothed my back as I scoffed a couple of times while I cried. I had never cried this bad ever before, post the scene in my life. All the pain inside drained out of the body as tears.

"I am right here Mithu, calm down. I won't leave you alone this time," Tanmay spoke with a quiver in his voice. He understood very well that Aarti was not the only reason for which I was crying. I hugged him even tight as he said that.

"You are a big man today, you can not be crying like this. Come on. This is not expected out of the stud, this college once had," he brushed my hair and Nishant got me a bottle of water from the stall beside the steps.