Chapter 8: The-Day!

"Too busy to even think about me right?" the first thing she said on answering the call. Neither did she say a 'hello' nor did she let me say one! She continued to babble as i took the phone off my ear and smiled thinking about her. Getting back to her after a gap of about two seconds i realised that she was still on. Girls do talk alot. I had experienced it for the first time. I smirked thinking of it which irritated her. "Are you even listening to what i said or are you not interested to do so?" she sounded offended and was quite demanding. 

" I am sorry. I am listening to you. Just that I had not expected you to call me out of all, after so many days of our meet. Surprising it is to me. Anyway, how are you? Where were you lost all these days?" I had not heard what she had spoken few seconds back, so was trying to play safe. I did not want her to get offended again in any way. 

"I have been doing good. So you were expecting me to make the move and try to converse with you?" she sounded like an agitated interogator. That only made me laugh but I had to control it. "No i was not expecting or anything, just that I did not know whether I could contact you or not." I put things straight out to her. "W-what?? Why can't you contact me? Oh god! I was right about you. You are no less than a- anyway chuck that. I am free tomorrow." she said that and paused.

Was she informing me that she was free, and if she was, why would she be doing that? Or did she mean she would not mind to go out with me? Why can't girls be straight onto the point. Now what was i supposed to reply for that?

"A-ah ok that's nice. Today i had been out with Tanmay." I realy did not know what to tell and ended telling that. " So?? I am talking about tomorrow. Or are you booked for tomorrow also?" She sounded insistent. I had understood that she wanted me to ask her out and was trying it this way. Almost about to jump in merry, " ok so can I take you out?" 

"Excuse me! You are calling me on a date! and my answer is a no!" she exclaimed. I was taken aback at it. What did she realy mean then? Did i hurry like always and spoil it. "But we can surely meet I would be awaiting that!" she chuckled. This girl gets me mad at times.

"Anyway, in that case i shall meet you by 11 and i can stay till 8 in the night." a sense of accomplishment was clearly reflected from her voice. "Oh that is great! and do I pick you from your place?" I wanted to confirm once. " You want me screwed at home? do i pick you from your place! I will come near the temple near my place and you better be there on time!" she ordered. I had to agree to it and she cut the call.

I sat on the bench, and started to wonder about what had happened. Unofficially it was our first date! Things seemed to happen quick! It did bring in shivers and alot of happiness. Someone really was keen on spending time with me and that someone was the one i had fallen for! Felt good but at the same time I knew i had to plan the day and had to be careful because a girl would be with me! For a change i had to think all this. The only person who came to my mind was Payal for she had once told that i would be facing this soon. I did not know soon meant this! I thought of informng Tanmay about it, but as it was late i had to get back home. If i arrived home late then i wouldn't get money for tomorrow. Manipulative i had become! I laughed at myself and made a move.

"So early! I had assumed you would be back home by mid night. I am surprised. " It was 9.30 and Mr. Sharma was sarcastic. My dad can be a hard nut at times. With years, our interactions were growing weak. Neither of us were making any attempts to work upon that. I did miss my dadda. I used to address him dadda out of love and respect but now everything had reduced. This was disturbing to my mom but she knew the reason.

I nodded my head, smiled and made my way to the room. Without bothering to it much, I headed to set myself for THE-DAY. Opened the wardrobe to see what would suit me. Though all the shirts were the ones that I liked, all seemed not to be appealing. Pulled out a lemon yellow shirt that had stripes of light blue. Pressed and hung it, I moved out of the room to inform mom about the plan and I wanted some bucks to pull the day off satisfactorily.