Chapter 16 : Mess-ponsibility!

I moved from her house by 5. She seemed much relaxed. Both of us had that tinge of pink on our face alive. I was happy that she seemed alright. I took my bike and left. I did not want to go home. I knew mentally I was not yet in a stable state. I moved without knowing where to head. The climate seemed more likely to rain. The gloomy atmosphere outside matched the one in me. I let out a sigh and drove.

I parked the vehicle to a side and took out my phone. Dialed Nishanth and waited for him to answer. I requested him to come over to meet. He agreed and we decided to meet at Church street. The same old street where everything had started.

On reaching , I parked the vehicle at our usual spot and took a casual walk on the lane. I felt nostalgic about the place. At a distance I could see the ever happy triad walking. Nishanth and Tanmay sharing a HiFi after trolling me. Laughing and falling on one another. Pulling the hood up on the head and hitting on the head, kicking and making the other trip. The three walking carelessly and checking out girls taking their tours.

As I a stood at a place I could see the happy triad pass by me. With them passing, I came back to the reality and felt a drop of water on my hand. It had started to rain and so had my soul.

Luckily I had no books as I had left my bag at Aarti's place. I somewhere wanted to get drenched. As the rain drops got heavier, I saw people moving towards the side for shelter, I moved on the lane front to sit on the benches. There were these benches put in front of The Socials pub. I took a seat there as it started to pour.

I sat there still as every rain drop hit me all over. As it sinked with in, I felt more heavier. A lot of grief, a lot of pain but hardly any people to listen. I was never in this state before. Aarti would definitely hear me out, I had stopped myself from expressing things to her. She had her crap to deal with. I couldn't post mine. Those eyes that had the fear of losing me would for sure not want to see the tears I had to shed.

The only resort I had were my friends. The thought of friends made me break down bad. Tears rolled down non stop. The soul inside was mourning due to pain. There was a time where I knew, no matter what I had two people in life and I, now had somewhere realised that it was sheer imagination. Feeling disgusted at thought of being lonely, I wanted to shout out and question Tanmay. I wanted to ask him, whether our friendship was that weak where he actually had stopped understanding me.

Being with the two for ever, I had never felt the need to sit and sob the way I was doing. They had never taught me to stay alone. And today I was thrown and lashed out.

Rain did not stop , Nishanth had not turned up yet. I was done with weeping. That only made me feel weaker and submissive. The two traits I hate the most. Things will stay in life, no matter what, if they are meant to stay. You have no hold on people who want to leave. Taking a deep breath and letting out a sigh, I decided.

Give time.Things will fall into place. People come back if it is meant to happenRespect what has been there and look ahead.

It had stopped to rain. There were no traces of Nishanth yet. I was wet and feeling slightly cold. I moved about the lane when I saw at a distance , Nishanth walking with Payal. They always looked adorable together. An instant smile took over the face.

Payal waved at me, her bright eyes visible from a distance as well. In the past one year, our meeting had completely reduced. Payal and I hardly met and spoke. Nishanth would meet the frequency of it had reduced as well. Sad that one event had so much in store for me.