Chapter 6: The lake!

"Hello, I hope this time atleast it is Tanmay on the call" she laughed saying that. I had cleverly taken his phone as I knew she would call on reaching.

"ha ha!! who do u think it is?" collecting all my strength I replied to her. Tanmay realised that his phone was with me and that I had got a call from her. He smiled and nodded his head and kept quiet.

"My guess was rite! I knew it would be somebody and not him" she sounded to be mocking. She knew my name, and she also knew that I was on the call and still she addressed me as somebody? She definitely knew how to play with words. " I had called to inform that we shall be arriving in about 15minites." The call ended.

She was supposed to be coming along with Aman, and in his presence would she dare to call Tanmay. Earlier when we met, it seemed as if he had a control over her. If my calculations were right, I would end up being the most happiest.

             "They shall be arriving in another 15minutes". I told them and we settled on the steps. Nishanth was busy on a call and we both were enjoying the cool wind that circulated the place.

At 6.45 the place was lit up everywhere and the gradual change in the shades of the night was mesmerising to watch. The small fountains near by and kids playing around them captured every one's attention present there. Yes apart from getting stuck in the traffics of Bangalore in the evenings, this scenic excellence made Bangalore still a place to die for.

             It was exactly 7 when I noticed five girls entering with all the giggles. The view was not clearly and I couldn't recognise who were they. I felt it couldn't be her in any chance because she was accompanied by her brother. But somewhere I had a feeling that she wouldn't have come with him. As and when they made their way ahead, I could see those five girls whom I had seen the other day. Yes there was Aarti with her girl friends, as usual, chirping, giggling and looking gorgeous. This was the third time I had seen her and she only managed to look prettier than ever. Nishanth was still on a call and Tanmay had not noticed them. I saw them from far and turned to face the lake with a smile on my face and happiness filling in. Just a second! my calculations were correct. Aman was not there.
             Tanmay also saw them coming and he poked me at it. I pretended as though I had not seen them and turned towards him asking what was it.
"u said Aman would be here, will he be joining us late?" Tanmay questioned and I still didn't turn towards her though she was standing right behind me. I could sense all coloured butterflies taking rounds in my stomach. I tried being composed and heard her soothing voice as she spoke. "He got caught with some work at the last moment and so couldn't make it. I thought I would also cancel the plan, but he said it wouldn't be fine if I didn't make it. That is when I agreed to come." She stressed the last sentence which made me chukkle at it. I could sense from her tone that she was lying. It gave me happiness, that is all what mattered to me.
Nishanth had completed his conversation and he turned towards us to see that the girls were standing behind and I had turned my face and was feeling weird. He looked at me and laughed. "hey Aarti meet Nishanth, and Nishanth she is Aarti whom we met in the morning. " Nishanth nodded and smiled at her. Tanmay on introducing Aarti, kicked me and I had to turn to the girls now. I stood up smiled and them and avoided looking at her.
"By the way this is my girl gang, they are here for few days so I got them along to show the mall." She introduced each one of them. I felt none to be appealing as the person who mattered to me stood right in front of me elegantly in her blue-black suit. This time she had platted her hair making her face clearly visible. The sharp features of her face were getting carved with in me, making me weaker every second. Her scintillating smile and those pearl like arranged teeth made it the smile of the millennium. The evening was getting colder and making it a place worth staying.
          Her friends wanted to purchase something and so left from the lake. She didn't want to join them and that was a surprise.
" won't you be joining them? they are new to the place, what if they get lost?" I spoke for the first time and she laughed at it like always.
"they are not kids and they would call me if there is any issue. You seem to be in the process of chasing me. You didn't seem happy that i am here. Guess I should make a move then". She was stern saying that.
What had I done? I had spoilt my second chance also. I was horrible at it. As I went to explain it, she cut me in between and burst into laughter. My so called buddies also joined her and I was yet again cornered. I had no other option but to shrug my shoulder and smile at it. "you really need not be so formal with me, I would be studying with you guys and between friends these stuffs have to prevail. " she smiled and tried to explain. half the things entered and the other half just flew by all because of her smile. The smile was getting on to me. I had a smile constant on my face which including her, everyone noticed. Tanmay and nishanth had their own conversations regarding me, I could make that out by their whispers and few hi-fi's they exchanged. It was 7.20 and her friends had not yet returned. She was talking to Tanmay and Nishanth and I kept seeing how stunning she looked. The cool wind gently pushing her ear ring back also seemed something new and something that brought in happiness.
"Let's have some gol gappas I am slightly hungry" Listening to that we headed to a near by vendor. Though I love gol gappas, I couldn't eat that day. I said I was not hungry and dodged eating it. They all had it and she loved it. Her face said it. And it was again a wonderful sight. I noticed that I had gone more silent and had started to observe her keenly. Her every move caught my interest and gave me more reasons to know her and spend some time with her. Yes I was thinking of it. I wanted to know her more and stay with her. It was definitely just not crush that I had. I realised it and smiled at myself and we all left from there.
           Her friends came back in a while and it was 7.45 now. She had to leave home. While getting back home, I was hoping to get her number. "it would be better if I had your numbers guys. I had some nice time today. We got along well." She seemed satisfied saying that. We exchanged our numbers and she left. While going she again looked back smiled at me went, this time I could greet her back with a smile. I smiled at her and automaticaly my hand went to my head and I looked down and smiled yet again. I was happy about it. I was happy I had met her.
           I left Tanmay at his place and drove back home. I was silent the entire way back home. Silence was not a sign of sorrow, I was happy and didn't know how to express it. I got back home and had nothing and directly went back to bed. My phone beeped.
       " I hope I have not offended you. I like to laugh and you make me laugh. Your not stupid. I find you cute. good nite.
p.s. do not think too much now "
I threw the phone up in air and caught it. I was immensely happy.
         " Thank you and good nite" I replied only that deliberately and slept happily. She was not my dream girl, but I knew for a fact that she would be the girl in my dreams from now on. I smiled and closed my eyes.

________________________________________________ 
my note : thank you, hope you like it and vote if you do so. :)
I would also like to thank my frnd puneeth for his input :)