Chapter 25 : Lost!

I sat on the couch, clasping both my hands, neck half raised and eyes intently waiting for Nishant to calm down. I could see him march the floor up and down as though, my trip to Delhi was stopping his marriage. For a while I felt, I was a spectator at one of those tennis courts moving my head left to right. I couldn't wait long and I got up.

"Can you rest your....and speak, instead of moving up and down, my neck hurts to see you do that," I raised my brows and that made the fuming fret settle beside.

"It is still two months ahead and why are we discussing it now? I see no point," I turned to see him.

"The decision is made, you are not going and that is final. I will tell Payal to inform Andy about it," Nishant was easily getting onto my nerves now. 

"And would you take the pains of explaining the decision you have made for me?" I intrigued.

"I don't feel the need. I am your brother, and you are not questioning anything," my mouth fell open at that. I had no choice. He had given the ultimatum.

"Fine, happy?" I asked.

He turned to me and grinned. I hammered one on his head and left to pick my duffle.

"I hope I can at least go and practice, or do I need to seek permission for that as well?" I cocked my head and asked in a rhetoric way. With all the attitude, he raised his hand and waved it at my face, asking me to leave. I set the key holder hung by the wall, fly in his direction and closed the door in a thud.

Nishant could get rub the wrong side of me pretty easily. I rolled my eyes and cleared the thought and moved to my dance hall.

There was no practice session as per the plan. I was idle all the day at home and had felt the urge to dance-dance alone. I reached the place around seven. The month of July is a blessing to all those who stay at Bangalore. The unexpected rains, the cool breeze in the evening and the vivid strands of amber painted on the sky around half past six is a treat, not just for the eyes but for the soul as well.

I entered the room, I had no routine in mind, I only wanted to sweat it out. I kept the lighting of the room dim. I gaped the room for quite a while listening to the song being played. As I trod the floor, pictures of my 'almost-one-year' at Bangalore flashed by. The spectrum has had a gradient of colours. From the black to grey to few bright colours. The transition was not smooth, to be proud off. To reach the white spot, which seemed impossible, I had to travel alot and travelling alone, would just make it even far. I sighed as I looked at myself in the mirror. I had changed to someone who was a stranger to me itself. I could feel myself drowning into all the mess I had fought to come to this state again. I moved to the music system and increased the volume and let the music sync in.

Dance becomes easy when you want to express things, which is difficult to put out through words. Every movement indicates the journey, the expressions speak of the emotions gone through. Dance by itself is a language for those who find silence as a comfort sphere.

Nothing, better than dance could ever set me high. After an hour of vigorous dancing, when I was almost into waters, I sat by the mirror and pulled out the bottle from my bag. I was panting for breath.

Ever since I had moved to Bangalore, I had not heard about Tanmay even for once. He was out of sight, but definitely not out of mind. He was one of my triad. Yes, we had shared a rough patch, but I knew Tanmay could never be angry with me for this long. With time and distance, alot of people were compromised in my life--the ones whom I believed would stay with me till my last breath. I sat there helpless and uncertain of meeting him ever. I rested my head onto the mirror and closed my eyes. I had to swallow the lump that was growing within. There was no point in sobbing. I sat in silence to bring myself at peace. The music kept playing in the background as I drifted to silence.