Chapter 5: Smile smile and more smiles!

"This is my friend Mayank, Mayank meet Aman" Tanmay introduced each of us and I shook hands with Aman. I gave a smile and he just nodded his head and had a stern look on the face. Not a pleasant start. Moreover who wanted a pleasant start with him. The one that mattered to me was standing right infront of me. She had worn a violet sleeveless top and black pant. Did she look stunning? oh yes! Stunning would be an understatement. While I was checking her out literally, Tanmay stamped me and brought me back to reality. Her brother was with her who gave me a stern look and if he had noticed me checking her out, then may be it would have been end titles even before a kick start.

             We all settled down, her bro was sitting next to me, and she was opposite to me. Tanmay was going on briefing about the college we had opted to get enrolled. I was least interested in the details . But just to make my presence felt, I nodded my head in between their conversation.

She had tied her hair into a pony leaving few strands on the right side of her face. All I noticed in her was how beautifully her fingers played with it. A couple of times she did catch me noticing her and quinched her face at it. I still had not got her name nor had I hear her speak . "Aarti, let Tanmay know which branch you would prefer" Aman asked her to speak.

AARTI it was! The name though was a common one, I felt it refreshing.

"I would prefer Computer Science bro, the other streams seem boring to me" she said and chuckled. I felt those were the sweetest words I had heard till date. Even before she could complete, I started off. "That's right, a good choice infact. Even we were planning to opt the same stream. " I sounded very excited. Tanmay looked at me and nodded his head rolling his eyes. He indirectly meant I had made a fool out of myself by blabbering in between and I had damaged my chance to impress. Looking at his face I raised my eye brow and stayed silent. Looking at this she laughed but tried controlling it. "Now that the stream and all the discussion is done, I think we should make a move." Aman stood up saying this. She too had to leave as she had no choice. We both stood up to bid them a bye. We sat back as they left. Before leaving the place through the door, she turned back looked at me, laughed and left. Now that was something I couldn't understand. Did she laugh at me or my stupidity or what was it? After seeing her go, I turned to look at Tanmay who was already staring at me. "Wwhatt?" I asked grinning at him. He knocked my head hard and went to order for us. I was sitting there with a stupid smiling face.

            After a while, Payal came in and joined us. Our big daddy was to arrive late as he had a work to finish. He dropped her and had left.

            "What made you come properly dressed today Mayank?" she laughed saying that. What did she mean by that? Would I not dress well these days? Or was she being sarcastic? I gave her a smile and left it. She continued, "Nishi said you were here meeting someone. I don't see anyone here. " So Tanmay had already spread the word about me to Nishanth and it reached Payal for pretty obvious reasons. She was about to complete and Tanmay joined. I replied to her, looking at Tanmay grinding my teeth, " he had to meet his friend Aman and so he pulled me. "

" O really? I heard something other than this" she said and both of them burst into laughter.

Never had I said that i was against girls. Me showing interest in a girl now seemed a hot cake to all of them. I was just too happy to even get irritated to what all of them said. I smiled at them and took my coffee which Tanmay ordered. I took a sip of it and saw nishi enter. He already had an evil look on his face. He seemed all set to pull my leg.

" Your presence was the only thing left. Thank you for making it till here" as I said, he landed a hard pat on my back.

" Did u set your mirror properly, we noticed you had some problem with it yesterday. " He joined them laughing and gave a hi-fi to Tanmay. I was now realy speechless and a gentle smile was on my face. I couldn't see anyone of them, I hooked onto my coffee and smiled.

"Awwww look at that, he is blushing at it!" Payal said that and now they laughed even louder. I had no voice to answer back. I looked up and let out a my breath heavily and told "now what? why are guys behind me? I just saw a girl and she seemed pretty and as a matter of coincidence I happened to meet her today" I tried clearing it. "When did we even mention we were talking about a girl, I only asked about the mirror that you were fidgeting with" nishanth said and laughed again. I punched him right in his stomach and finaly all the ragging ended.

After the session of heavy embarassment, we headed to Tanmay's house. Payal had to leave to meet one of her girl friends. They got up, hugged each other and whispered something. " Oh how cute! " I held my cheeks and out of admiration. Ofcourse that was sarcastic! "Days are not far when I will see you this way. Dud head!" Payal seemed annoyed telling that. I wiggled my tongue at her which landed another mock on my head, a harder one this time, by my big daddy. 

She left, we took our way to his house. I let Tanmay ride the bike, and I sat behind him thinking about her. I wished, she could stay for some more time.

We reached his place, and were watching the highlights of the French open, Tanmay got a call from an unknown number. I was close to his cell and I received it.

To good God's grace I heard THE VOICE that was the most pleasant one.

"Hello, Tanmay, this is Aarti, bhaiyya wanted to know if you were free this evening, he felt it would be good if we all went out." she finished without a pause. I spoke nothing, all I did was held the phone and had my stupid smile. "Who is it Mayank? why are you beaming at us?" Nishanth was so loud that Aarti also heard it. "I felt it was Tanmay on the other side." she laughed and cut the call. Tanmay kicked me and snatched the phone. He spoke to her and fixed the plan. I was almost floating on cloud nine.

The plan was to meet at a mall to enjoy the lake view in the evening. I was super thrilled about the plan. The wait from noon till the evening was intolerable. At a corner of my mind, I knew her bro was also joining us.

We reached the mall sharp at 6.30 and roamed a little and settled on the steps beside the lake. My wait was seamless!

___________________________________________________

my note : hope you enjoy reading. vote and let me know. thank you :)