Chapter 20 : New Leaf!

The station Dadar at Mumbai was filled with its regular hustle. Thousands of people left the city and its multiple came in. Life might go through various shades in life, but the point is, it keeps going. I stood beneath the display that aired the timings of the arrival. I was half an hour early, well the actual arrival always happened based on the famous Indian timings.

I moved on to the platform, placed my luggage and took a seat on the bench facing the big clock. With every tick of the clock, I got engulfed into a whirl. I could sense something heavy within my chest, I could feel my heart cringe within. I had no strength, but I had made it a point to stand strong. I could not go submissive to situations in life. I had to surpass them and knock all of it to stand by myself. Well, I had no choice.

Years ago, I landed at this station with two baggage, a hope in mind, a vision about future and of course love in life. I was strong then, care free and not much to bother. But today I sat on the bench thinking of all those things that abandoned me.

She left without giving a chance to speak. She left without even wanting to listen to the shatter in the heart. I moved here to build myself so that I could have my life with her, but I had to return with the job half done. Her every action, her voice, her eyes had filled my soul and made me complete. She walking away had left me half alive.

Always said, love is not life and it is a part of life, I had a life of my own to lead. I had other people who belonged to the life I had. They were the only reason for me to pull up some strength. The decision to leave this city and to get back to family was not made in haste.

I sat there waiting for the train and letting things sink in. Six months had passed and that was officially the last time we spoke. I had cut contacts with almost all back at Bangalore. Nishanth, I knew was at Bangalore. I had spoken to him once in these six months but had not told him anything about what had happened. I had not heard of Tanmay ever since I had moved from Bangalore. Nishanth also did not feel the need to ever talk about him. If losing people was supposed to be a game, I would have received a gold medal in it. I sighed and checked my phone.

The wallpaper took me back a few years down the lane. The lush greenery around, faint drizzle, amidst which stood Aarti enjoying the weather.

"You will catch cold, come over to the shelter, " I yelled to only be unheard. She did not bother to it and continued to play around. Hopping on the puddles, setting the water on splash, cupping her palm to catch the rain drops, Aarti the kid was in front of me. The green jacket she had worn was happily resting on her waist bearing her arms. She was immensely in love with the monsoon. To her luck, the road was ignored by all. Except for us, there were no one in the visible range. She enjoyed every bit of it.

I yelled her name again, this time to catch her attention. I swished my hand,signalling her to come over to the shelter where I stood. I saw her nose go crooked  and her face cringe. She stomped and came towards me. As she advanced, I could see a faint evil smile dress her lips. I started having second thoughts of budging her to move here.

She pursed her lips, came and stood beside me without a word. The silence brought in lot of thoughts. She slid her hand to circle my right arm and rested on my shoulders. I touched her wet head and mocked on it. She chuckled and I gasped.

"You need all this? You will realise only when you fall sick" I was stern by my tone.
" I don't need to worry when you are by my side" she gave a peck on my cheek. I hardly can stay angry on her, with such things, it was even hard. I gave in by smiling nodding my head. I still had the evil smile on her face do rounds in my head. She could definitely not agree to come over that soon. She had something up her sleeve. Well, currently her arms as she wore a black sleeve less top.