Chapter 17 : Dimension to Life!

Time flew with out anyone's consent. We all grew without our own consent. Third year of engineering passed with all the regular events. The fest yet again was conducted by us and a few juniors made it into the forum. Exams as dreading as ever. But I had fared well in the year like the previous two. The department had seen a great deal of potential in me and called me a part of many events. All in all,third year ended with a high note on the educational front.

I had started to focus more on career and profession. Not that I ignored my friends this time. But, since the triad never met, and Nishanth and I were the only ones who met rarely, I had a lot of time. That extra time I used to build myself in every way. I had to strive to be an all rounder.

All rounder included taking care of my princess as well. With time, the lessons I had learnt and the phases I had to traverse, had made me a better and a strong person. I was more responsible and I knew how to treat the world. Few things in me had changed for the good but my core still remained with my triad. Missing them had become as usual as breathing now. This was one thing that made me weak at times but I had my way to retaliate. I was happy with the final new-me.

"shall meet you in the evening near your place loveam heading now to collect few papers from the college ."

I left a text to Aarti. We were in the final year, the year that could make and break many things. According to the Indian society a child has to be a doctor or an engineer come what may. On perceiving the degree he either needs to study to take on the hat of masters or work for a few years and get back to studies. All blames to the competition building. In all this, the only thing that usually happened was suppresal of desires.

The chaps from the big shots did have the liberty to get onto the career path of their own due to the financial stability backing them, but they were the lazy lot who were more keen on sweeping the packs of notes to the last paper.

People from the lower class, never made the choice to dream. They were taught from their childhood not to dream and instead think about building a family of size either a cricket or a football team and send the kids to work at their ripe age.

The unfortunate mid class fellows in the country underwent a huge crisis. They were given the liberty to dream. They were always taught , dream , dream bigfor it shall not cost anythingBut setting the dream as career is a sin. Relatives and neighbours opinions mattered more than the voices that went unheard within the house.

We are forced to live in a society where the abled have less gratitude to the life they have and lack empathy. The not-much-abled let the society speak for them and don't feel it necessary to strive for what they deserve. The not-abled lot want to be stepped down. The government has made it a easier place for them to live with the abundant eminities which has put them in a comfort zone from where they do not want to break out. And people say and feel , with in a decade India shall be called the developed country. I only wish I could feel it as well.

If I were given a choice I wouldn't have been an engineer at all, it was my mother's dream that I was an engineer. Fortunately she had given me a choice to choose whether I wanted to work or perceive a master degree. I had chosen the former. I had to settle if not soon atleast in the near future. I had to do it for us. For Aarti and I. I knew I could pull up another degree anytime any how.