Chapter 10: The Arena-2

After all the gulping act of the junk, we both settled at the court for a while. Credits to the weather at bangalore!! It was pleasant, not sunny and not too windy either. At 3.30 in the noon, this was a rare site at Bangalore. She seemed relaxed on the chair as she slowly drank the cool drink. I was busy thinking about the next thing that i had thought of doing. She had to be back home by 8, and i hardly had 4 hours to spend. 

I was about to ask her and she cut me, "so whom are you dating?" she seemed too curious to know. I was taken aback for a minute, if i were to be dating someone, i would not have come here with her. was she trying to know or was she trying to tease me. It was pointless to know what she actually meant. "well let me guess! You are not dating anyone and i know that. " as usual she answered things for me without giving me a chance, and laughed at my expressions. I was about to answer and when she cut me in between, my mouth remained ipen. That does seem funny at times. I shut my mouth and turned my face left and nodded at my plight. with a smile i turned back to her saying, "and why do you think that i am not dating? you need not be correct always." and kept my hands on the table folded.

She laughed at it again. "which girl would want to waste her time with you? and you being this way i am sure you are only surrounded by your guy friends rather than girls."

That was slightly too much what she spoke, but well that was in a way true. I listened to what she said patiently. "yeah, actually which girl would want to spend time with me when i am destined for someone else." I said that with confidence and fixing my eyes right into hers. As i stared into her eyes, i could see the color of her face fade gently and getting replaced by a tinge of pink. She could not stare back at me for a long time, she gave up and looked here and there. Yes a gentle blush was on her face, that blush meant alot to me. I felt happy but did not express it, I just got up from ther.

"well, you will surely get to know to whom i am destined, but for now lets leave." keeping the contact with her eyes, i turned and started to walk with a smile. She sat there trying to digest what i had just uttered. 

I got out of the food court and turned to see her walk slowly behind me lost in thoughts. I did not want to know what had occupied her, I waited there for her. It was 4 and the climate was only getting better and fitting the bill for the next plan i had. As she reached where i was, we started walking together to the parking, she asked me nothing i told her nothing, the silence that had taken its birth was soothing and not awkward. I could see her enjoy the cool breeze, the smile spoke about the ease around us. Things had started to fall in lane. We were getting comfortable.

"So done with all the thinking??" i broke the silence as we neared the parking. Till then we simply walked by, i was thinking about her and her eyes that i had fixed mine to a while back and she, i had no idea as to what was going on in her.

"Aa-agh! thiking? No i was not occupied by any thoughts. I was just.." she knew nothing to add to it. She was caught. She could not lie and this time the expression on her face of getting caught, gave a sight of a 5 year old girl caught eating her favourite candy even after her mother asked her not to.

"Well, i need no explainations now, we still have time to talk, hop on, ill take you to a place more quiet and private. You will like it." I signalled her to the bike. She interest to know which place is that was seen on her face.

"So what are we waiting for Chr..." She was about to finish her mostly the favourite line, i cut her through and completed it for her. "Christmas" and nodded my head to let her know that i knew the drill by now. She laughed and so did i and we headed to the bike.

I got on to the bike and was set, she sat on taking out the token we had taken initialy before parking. We cleared the bill and headed out. Now, both her hands were holding my shoulder and by the sense of her touch i could know that she was not finding it weird anymore. She was over that. But i still sensed the shiver everytime we made contact. I drove the way and we were still silent for a while. Getting carried away by the happiness, i gave up on one of my secrets. I started to humming a song that i had caught today morning before leaving the house. She caught me doing that and leaned forward and i automatically stopped at that act of hers.