Chapter 30 : Turn Arounds!

It was half past seven in the evening when I stepped out of the Indira Gandhi International airport, Delhi. I had informed Dhruv about my trip to Delhi, I had blinded him with the purpose of my visit though. Dhruv had quit his job at Mumbai and moved back to Delhi a few months later I had left. I could not see him anywhere and I knew he would be late, like always. I settled on the seats outside and waited.

Few days ago. . .

'Mom, I will be leaving to Delhi in four days. I had informed you before, now do not yell at me saying I do not inform about stuffs,' I raised my brow as I sat in front of her in the kitchen. She was cooking and I always loved to sit in front of her in the kitchen when she cooked.

"Can you get down the slab?" She poked my thigh with the utensil she had held in her hand. I giggled and sat firm making no plans to get down. She turned away to the boiling pot that had one of my favourite dishes.

"Did you listen to what I said?" I asked her again.

"Yes of course, and I know I need to talk to Mathur uncle about your arrival. He needs to do arrangements for your stay and things, I will have a word with him today," she tasted the curry she was preparing and turned towards me.

"Maa, I don't need to stay with them. I am going there for an event of mine and not only to meet his daughter, and why are you addressing him as 'Mathur uncle',? I asked her.

"Absurd," came her instant reply. I had to shut my mouth.

"Okay, but on a serious note, I have informed Dhruv about it and he shall take care of it," I pursed my lips waiting for her reply.

"Fine, but you are not going to miss meeting her," she raised her brow.

I had not informed her about Aarti being there and my main reason to fly was to meet her. I knew she would not be fine with it. I had not really thought about meeting Miss Mathur, but I did not know how to escape it as well.

"Yes yes, I will meet her, but only after I complete my event and only once. If it is meant to be, things will happen or else let the destiny unfold things the way it wants," I got down the slab.

She stood with her eyes wide open with a blank expression on face.

"What?" I asked her.

"Your choice of words," she said and giggled. "For now, leave the kitchen and let me finish up the remaining work, your brother will come shouting for food now," I moved out reluctantly.

"I sense a kind of ease and composure in you. I hope I am not missing anything," she said.

"Aa-agh! nothing at all," I put my best fake smile and moved out swift. I settled in front of my laptop looking into few details Andy had mailed me regarding the event.

I sat with a cup of coffee in hand giving a thought about what had happened at home before I left to Delhi. This was more like a contest than an event. The entire three day show was split into interesting rounds. Event organisers from various states were taking part and as to what Andy had told, this was to choose the best event organiser of the country. I knew I would fare decently well, but that was not my priority at all.

It was almost eight and Dhruv was no where in the picture yet. I sat sipping the coffee and observing various families at the airport. It is true that, love - the feeling is encountered the most in the airport. There was joy, tears, best wishes overflowing from every corner. I had a constant smile looking at the gestures of the families out there.