Chapter 23 : Shadez!

"The doors are open, I guess you need to make that little extra effort now to step out and embrace the world waiting out," Payal spoke.

"And not stay in the cocoon, you need to look beyond the pain at times to grow stronger, trust me. Step out. You shall be fine and if you fall, I am here," Nishanth joined Payal carrying the candy she had asked him to get.

We moved out of college and went out to hog. I was really not sure of getting back to dance. I couldn't ignore the fact that Nishanth and Payal were right. I lacked the zeal I had before, the confidence it took to face people. There was a major change, a transition from being an extrovert to an introvert.

"It is going to be fine brother, you will never know until you try. So now get the hell out of your house tomorrow and go meet the chap," he put his arms around my shoulder as I nodded.

Nishanth and Payal left, I insisted it. The eat out was not too far and so I chose to walk back home. I already looked too dramatic. Hair messed up, stubble more than usual, sunken eyes with sloppy stature. It seemed slightly filmy and I nodded to move the thought away.

Dance was always my first choice, until she stepped in my life. Today I had reached a pont in life where neither did I have her, nor did I have it in me to dance. It felt miserable to be on the losing end. I was not used to this. I kicked a small stone as I walked thinking all this in my head. I saw across, the streets were getting fairly empty. The vehicular density was reducing.

She left with out turning back, she left without wanting to hear me. The Aarti I knew would never do that. To stay unaware of what happened and yet digest the truth that people are gone is insane.

Did I really not matter to her, it was not just a relationship we shared. It was a journey where we grew as individuals. We made mistakes together and we learnt at the same time. Where did it crumble down? What caused all this mess? The only picture I had in mind was the text Aryan had sent. Too much of stress and frustration. I had to chanellise this before it destroyed me.

She was the one I grew up with. I had my instinct always tell me that one day I will meet her and things will be fine. For now, all I had to dobwas grow stronger by keeping her memories by my side.

As I walked, I saw at a distance near a construction plot, two kids were playing beneath the street light. Some random regional song was being played to which they danced. They danced without any inhibition, they were happy while dancing. Those kids belonged to the labourers who worked at the sight. I got to know that when the mother came out with two glasses of milk. In life, turmoils are inevitable. To smile, to stay happy and dance even while there is a storm is a choice.

I picked my phone and dialled Nishanth.

"It is going to be a good day tomorrow, I will be stepping out of the door to my new venture," I spoke in a single breath as I heard to him say hello.

"I am glad, I am glad you got your sense back. You seem more vibrant now," I hummed to it.

"I will meet you in the evening after your work," I hung up and walked home.

"You asked him to join us? Did he agree? Are you serious?" I could here a girl screech as I tried opening the door. Rahul had asked me to meet him and few others, who he said I knew, at a room-dance room, they had hired. Hearing to the voice I could notice that there were three in the room, Rahul and two other girls. I opened the door and all the hustle the three were in subsided.

Rahul came up to me and gave a hug, he seemed happy to see me there. I knew the girls. They were juniors to me at college. We had worked together during fest. As I went in, the girls got more formal and became all quiet.