Chapter 4: Finally!

I was on bed now trying very hard to get some sleep. "Sam can u please stop giving disco effects and find some sleep for yourself?" I can never talk to him in a normal way, I think! I wanted the lights to be off, with that atleast I might fall asleep. How can. a person stay at peace when a monster resides next to you! I always preferred I had a younger sister rather than this ass!
            He could never be my bro, he just ignored what I said and continued his dementing acts. For a change it actually didn't bother much. If it would then probably he would have ended crying and next to mom complaining. Tanmay had my mind occupied.

Just a while ago...

           " I saw something interesting today mithu. The silence you had while getting back from church street was worth a notice, and the reason behind that silence was captivating".
            Tanmay had a sense of tease in his voice saying this. Mithu was my nickname which was not that popular though because I didn't like it myself. Tanmay used to deliberately address me as mithu, so that I could get irritated.
           "Aa- what are you talking about, I don't get it Tani. You see most of my actions are so gud that they tend to be captivating".
          I tried to change the topic completely. Tanmay was an easy prey. He could be rubbed the wrong side easily. He hated any one calling him Tani as it sounds like a girl's name and the most he hated was me trying to blow my own trumpet. Knowing all this, I tried irritating him, but this time he didn't buy that and instead had a point to trap me.
              "Try your level best to piss me off. But I have something that will get you back to me." He sounded arrogantly confident saying that and that was testing my patience. "In the evening I happened to see someone stare at a girl constantly with out realising that he was being noticed by me." He had caught me and now I had no other option but to surrender.
          "Well no point in dodging myself anymore. Yes that girl in royal blue was alluring and for the first time my eyes were longing to see her." before I could finish this, he burst into laughter which not only made me angry but felt slightly embarrassed.
          "Sun must have risen from the west. A girl has finally disturbed you and made you go weak by your knees. She does have something in her then. Well I ll get to know her tomorrow. You however are not that fascinated about it I feel so its fine, you have a peaceful sleep." Having said that with a devilish tone he hung the call before I could even swallow what he said.
            Without wasting a single second, I gave him a call. He received and the devilsh tone was replaced with the evil laugh that he was famous for. I hated him, but couldn't do anything about it, because he had something that mattered to me.
     Really? Had it already started to matter to me? surprisingly I was anxious about it.
        "Stop laughing and tell me in the first place why are you meeting her how do you know her?" I was amazed at the tone with which I interrogated him, I sounded possessive. I never knew I would be using such words for myself ever.
            "Well let me not kill you anymore, get ready by 11 tomorrow and lets head to the brigade again. You can meet her there. May be in person also." he had a wink saying that. I didn't want to show the excitement I had to him, so just agreed to that and cut the call. The only things that mattered to me now was the next sunrise and streets of brigade. I was curious about the meet.
              After ignoring Sam and his madness, I did sleep. I wanted to get up early so that I wouldn't be late. I was happy that mom didn't assign any work and now I could reach on time.
            Since I was on the leaner side, I preffered wearing shirts and that did suit me. I wore a blue denim and a white full arm shirt and teamed it up with black boots. I didn't want to present myself in an unpleasant way. Yes I was ready to make an impression. She had started to bother me.
I left home and reached Tanmay's place. Now that I had arrived soon, he had all chances to bully me.
" I never knew a girl could bring these many changes in you. For a change you are very early. If in case you are late from next time and because of which our plan gets altered forget you had 32 teeth." Dominating as always, I had no other option but to nod my head to what Tanmay had said.
          "Who is she? I mean how do you know her? You could have spoken to her yesterday itself when we first saw them right?" I put out what I had to know as I was getting nervous.
           "Too many questions! Why are you that bothered? I mean you are the one for whom girls don't matter or they are not special. Then what is it now?" He was mocking at me, all I could do was give him a stare that meant I needed answers and not philosophy.
" Ok ok, She is my friend's sister, I have never met her or spoken to her and hence I didn't talk to her. I had seen her once when I had been to his place. Today Aman, her brother wanted to meet me, he wanted to know about the college we were aiming to join. He wanted her to study engineering in that college that we all would be joining. He found it would be secure for his sister because I would be there. " Tanmay explained it clearly and there was no limit for my happiness. The smile on my face had extended to touch my ear lobes. Tanmay had realised what I was going through and he just punched me and we were set to go.
           Nishanth had gone on a date with Payal and we were not supposed to disturb our big daddy. Tanmay and I were almost into tears when he had gone on his first date. All we did was, we tried irritating him by giving him a call for every 10mins. Yes we can be dementors at time. After his date, he came to meet us and all I remember was a blow on my face which dis oriented my jaw.
            It was 11.40 and Tanmay took me to starbucks. I entered expecting them to have been waiting, but we had managed to arrive 15mins early. I had fixed my eyes at the entrance, I didn't want to miss even a single trace of her. We sat on a table for four and I could hear my heart beat clearly, may be Tanmay also was able to hear it because of which he had the grin on his face. How much was he trying to thug me?

2012 :
             The table vibrated again. This time for a longer duration. It was a call. Since the display was towards the table I couldn't see who was it on the call. Aarti could have not called. I took the phone expecting it to be Aryan but it was not. It was 12.30 at night and Alok had logget out now. Alok was my senior at office who had started his work 2months prior to me. He had noticed that the entire day I was not fine.
"Where are you bhai ? You didn't seem fine". his concern was worth a respect but I was not comfortable in sharing my personal life with some one at office as professional concern and care was something that was never to be counted on. "Nothing much bro, just a little frustrated. Needed a break. All thanks to Agarwal for the increase in the level of frustration. " told it and faked a laugh so that he believed it and cut the call. The call ended to leave me in my comfort. The cold night, and the beach had become my comfort zone.
I took my phone to see her, opened the gallery to find her pic. There she was standing with a bouquet of white lilies. She looked prettier than those flowers. In her white selvar and pink pathiyala, she looked stunning. That was one of my favourite attire that she wore. The pink dupattah that was clinging onto her neck flew til her waist and ended with those small beads with which she used to try irritating me. But that made me only fall for her more than get irritated. Her fair face tilted to the right made her black long hair flow. Her glittering dark blue eyes piercing right into the soul, the faint bite on her pink lips made her adorable. The clean features of her face added onto the cuteness. These were all not the ones that defined her. Her inner soul more beautiful than her appearance made her the most desirable. How could I yell at her!? Tears were just flowing down. I was getting weaker.
           Kept the phone aside and wiped my tears and recollected that day when she walked in.

2006 :
             It was 11.45, 5mins had gone and she had not yet arrived. Tanmay called up Aman to check with them. They were supposedly arriving in 5more mins. The door flew open, cool air flew in. My heart pounding and about to fall out, I saw her bro and right behind him, I saw her, walking in a violet attire. The chances of me fainting and falling were more than me me even giving a smile. Making an impression seemed similar to moving a mountain now.

____________________________________________________

my note : kindly read and vote and let me know what you feel! thank you :)