Chapter 13 : Dance for Life!

A month had passed since the epic drive! The work on fest had kick started. My focus on the culturals was unaltered. The other crews were going strong and we were no less! Nishanth managed the sports and few games were in their finals. The fest was always organised in a way with sports covering up the first, technical following it and the culturals uplifting the fest in a grand manner. So it was just not a task given to me, in a way the show I was planning had to be a master one in itself.

               "Manav, so this is what I have thought as the plan. I think this should be good for us to start with the further proceedings." I handed him with the plan I had come up with. The college had talent, but lacked grooming. I was not someone who was perfect at things, but I always believed in my taste. And I would never be satisfied by mere something. Few people found it brattish and high standard, but for me it just meant high class quality.

        The plan that I had proposed was keeping in mind the decorum of the college and the fest that had happened earlier. This college had never seen international forms. This time to not only see that but also see it by the college students themselves perform it was my main intention. Dance is a medium to express and disfiguring it into international and other styles was not the intention. The only intention was to allow people get exposed to different forms of dance. College gets to see something new and the students get to do something other than the regular item numbers they would perform on songs that were a hit in the current year. But I knew, with a college like this, item numbers were a definite. I had planned a coarse for those as well.

        "So you think you will be able to showcase those styles that you talk about?" Manav asked with a tone of doubt.

        "You will see it, leave it on me. Just tell whether this fits the bill. " I laughed and patted his back.

        "Well everything seems ok, but the duets are a question mark! I don't know if Princi would agree upon that. You know how it is!" He tried explaining.

        "Exactly why! I know the drill. But don't you think dance is just to enjoy and if people have an objection to a duet then that ideology needs to change. Well I feel so. Why not we be the start and pioneer the change? We don't give them the confidence about anything, how will they let us prove our point!?" I saw Manav with folded hands and looking straight in my face. I realised I had spoken a lot for a simple thing.

        "Dude! You were really good. I did not know you could talk this way. " he patted my back this time. I was figuring it out whether that was a complement or had he pulled off a joke on me.

        "But really, with this conviction I think you can take your plan to a different place. I am by your side. Go ahead. We shall see who comes in your way!" He ended and brought in confidence in me. I had a smile after our conversation. He headed to check with the updates else where. I had a meet with the representatives where I had to explain the entire action. 

        It was almost the mid of the day, I had not received a single message or a call from Aarti yet. It would be false if I said I was lost in the work and not worried about her. It only made me feel her absence- a bad feeling though. I had to move as I had asked everyone to assemble in the Audi by 12:30. I had a work of alomst 40 minutes after which people would break out. 

        All the representatives and the volunteers had arrived at the Audi on time. Attitude of all the people had fallen into tune. I could give the credits to the random dance party I had planned and arranged. Many people from different departments had come that day. Since then, people started getting along with each other. I saw students hang out with others than their usual gang.