PROLOGUE

Swara was sitting on the hospital bed. Nurse was bandaging her wounds. She was in a lot of pain but another deep pain of her heart was masking the physical pain.

"Sorry ma'am!" Nurse said as she put dettol over the wound of her hand. Swara was sitting still like a stone with no emotions. Her eyes were empty. Her heart was empty.

Suddenly, the door of the ward opened. Shekhar came running into the makeshift dressing room of the hospital, afterall the original hospital was majorly burnt by the terrorist.

"Papa! Sanskar? How is he?" Swara's stone face was brimmed with emotions.

"Sister!" Shekhar looked at nurse. She nodded and took out an injection.

"Papa!" Swara looked with disbelief at him.

"I am sorry beta! But I am your papa and I love you the most!" Shekhar held Swara's hands.

"Papa! I am Sanskar's wife! I have the right to know!" Swara tried to free herself.

"You will! Definitely you will! But first, you need to take rest!" Shekhar was trying to calm her down.

"Tell her na Dr. Shekhar!" Sujata, Sanskar's mom and Swara's mother in law came inside furiously, "Tell her that because of her, my son is in coma! Tell her that she succeed."

"Coma!" Swara's whole body felt thousands of needles piercing her body. Her breathe became shallow. Her blood pressure shooted up.

"Mrs. Maheshwari! Please... Not now!" Shekhar requested.

But venom was less toxic than the words of Sujata.

"I gave you my son. I gave you the love of a mother. But you snatched him from me. Why swara?" Sujata came near Swara almost pushing aside Shekhar," I even slapped him for you. I always took your side. I always wiped your tears away. And you?"

Suddenly Sujata was pulled back by someone.

"Sujata! It was not her fault!" It was Ram who pulled her, Swara's father in law.

But her words had already done there work. Swara had gone flaccid. Her eyes were rolling. Before anyone could do anything, she fell down on the bed.

"Sister! Injection!" Shekhar said in a panic.

Shekhar's hands went limp. This was what he was dreading. He wanted to keep this news away from her till her body recovered from her previous trauma. It had been just a month that she had recovered from the life threatening accident.

Dr. Ram, being an experienced critical care expert, took the situation in his hands. After the struggle of half an hour, finally she was stable.

Shekhar folded his hands in front of Ram, "I couldn't save your son, but you saved my daughter."

"My son is in coma. I can't bear the loss of seeing my daughter in same state again." Ram broke down in Shekhar's embrace.

"I am sorry for Sujata's words." Ram apologised.

"I can understand her pain. Afterall, it was Swara only...." Shekhar was about to finish his sentence when a voice cut him in the middle.

"Whatever Swara did, was her duty. Whatever Sanskar did was his duty. Noone will say a word against Swara!" It was ACP Durga prasad maheshwari, Ram's elder brother and Swara's elder father in law.

"Yes! And I will handle Sujata! Swara's badi ma is there for her!' It was Annapoorna maheshwari.

Every eye present there was moist. They didn't know whether to cry for their son, or to feel proud on his sacrifice.

Unknown to them, two chocolate brown eyes were staring at them helplessly. He wanted to wipe their tears, he wanted to hug them. to comfort then but couldn't. What a helpless situation was it, his body lying in coma and his soul roaming within the boundaries of hospital, not able to touch his loved ones but able to see their pain.