Chapter 19

It was late at night. Sanskar entered his room. Decked up with beautiful flowers, room was dimly lit with some fairy lights. His eyes tried to find Swara. And there she was, sitting in front of mirror, staring at the beautiful flower bouquet placed there.

"Mrs. Maheshwari!" Sanskar said.

The realization hit her hard. She looked at Sanskar who winked at her.

"You look beautiful today!" He said coming closer to her.

"Thank you so much!" Swara replied with a hug.

"These hustle bustle of wedding had tired you na!" Sanskar said.

"Little bit!" Swara said looking away from him.

"Let me help you! And when you are done changing, let us just sleep tonight!"

Sanskar's arms were nothing less than the softest bed to Swara. Both of them slept comfortably that night.

Married life became a bliss for them. Starting their day with seeing the faces of each other, playing with Ashna together, spending time with family together, this had become their daily schedule. And every night, they drown themselves in their marital bliss. Days were serene and nights were colourful. One month passed in a blink of eyes.

It was the fourth birthday of Ashna. Swara was trying to catch Ashna to get her ready for the birthday party. She had just returned from hospital after handling a major case. Tired and exhausted, still running after Ashna and simultaneously managing the party preparations, she was feeling cranky.

"Ok! You don't want to wear na! Then don't!" Swara raised her voice for the first time on her.

Her voice was heard by Sanskar's buaji who was just passing by and had come to stay a few days in their house.

"Offooo!" Saying so, she entered the room and took Ashna in her lap, "Why did you raise your voice on her?"

Swara tried to say something but this time Buaji raised her voice , "Sujata! Annapoorna! Come here fast!"

"Buaji! Listen to me please!" Swara tried to intervene but she stopped seeing Durga Prasad standing on the door.

"Didi! What happened?" He entered followed by Annapoorna and Sujata.

"You brought this girl for Sanskar! Already he suffered a lot and you are making him suffer more!" Buaji carresed Ashna's hair.

"What happened?" He asked again.

"This girl, she was scolding Ashna so bad that I had to interfere. Scolding this innocent kid on her birthday, don't know if she will raise her hand on her too one day!" Buaji was continuously scolding, "Your doctor bahu went to hospital on Ashna's birthday. She means nothing to her. And your Sanskar, he is mad for her. One day she will make him away from Ashna and you all will see."

"Bade papa.... I have...." Swara tried to explain herself but she was in a confused state.

"Didi! Swara can never do this!" Durga Prasad said calmly.

"Oh! You mean I am wrong!" Buaji was annoyed.

"Didi! We all trust Swara!" Annapoorna said.

"You don't know! The love a biological mom can give to her child, she can never! You mark my words..." Buaji was irritated.

"Didi! Swara is my bahu. And I know to what extent she can go to take care of Ashna! I am sorry if it means disrespect, but I won't allow anyone to disrespect her love towards Ashna!" Sujata said and stood between Swara and buaji.

Swara felt for the first time, how it felt to be protected by a mother. Sujata's love was shielding her from Buaji's wrath and she felt the warmth of a mother's love.