chapter 41

Sanskar again patted Swara's cheeks, but now quite aggressively. The urge in voice was increased thousand folds. Her
eyes were still closed.

"You wait here beta! I am calling your dad!"

Sanskar saw Swara's eyes opening lightly. Maybe all these voices brought her out of unconsciousness.

"Swara! Are you alright?" Sanskar asked. His voice was trembling a little.

Swara nodded. But her eyes closed again. Her forehead was hot as hot dry sand. She was going in and out of consciousness.

Laksh came running inside the room followed by Ram. Everyone other came inside too. Temperature was raised to 104.5 F. It was alarming as well as confusing for people around them too.

"Laksh! Take out another vial of paracetamol." Ram's forehead too was lined by tension lines. Temperature increasing despite paracetamol. Or was it due to paracetamol!

Suddenly everyone's attention went to the voices in the hall. They knew the voice. And then, they heard footsteps, reaching the room.

"No chachu! Don't give paracetamol to her!" Ragini almost snatched the vial from Ram's hands. Behind him, the man whose face was flushed with shame and guilt, was standing.

"Dr. Shekhar!" Durga Prasad exclaimed.

"We don't have time! It's heat stroke! We need to rush her to hospital!" Ragini said. Her face was covered with drops of sweat.

"It will take around half an hour to reach hospital. We have to do something here only!" It was Shekhar who spoke. Hearing his tensed voice, Ram threw a look on him. But said nothing. As the befitting reply was already ready by Sujata.

"Dr. Shekhar! It's not 'we' now!" Her eyes were glaring.

"Sanskar! Pick up Swara and take her to bathing area. Switch on the shower!" Ram commanded.

Without even replying, Sanskar did what was asked for. As soon as he switch on the shower, cold water drenched both of them. The water falling after touching her body was warm. Swara's eyes opened all of a sudden. There was a visible irritation on her face.

"Shhh! It's needed!" Sanskar said and pushed her head below the shower head.

"No!" Swara tried to pull herself away.

Sanskar did not say anything. He gently pushed her below shower again. He then found Ragini and Parineeta too standing and staring at them.

"Does her skin feel a little cooler?" Ragini asked.

Sanskar nodded. Pari and Ragini sighed with relief. After about 15 minutes, Sanskar switched off the shower. Swara was not unconscious but still dizzy.

Room was empty except Sujata and Annapoorna. Sanskar, though did not want to leave Swara, had to do so for a while. She was all drenched and so was he. She needed to change.

He came out of the room with fresh pair of clothes in his hands. There, he found Shekhar sitting with Ram and Durga Prasad. But there was a visible tension in the atmosphere. His gaze suddenly fell on the corner. It was Ayush whose eyes were red and swollen and was sitting on another chair. He was staring angrily at Shekhar.

"When did you come?" Sanskar asked.

"With him!" Ayush signed towards Shekhar.

Sanskar patted his back and squeezed his shoulder. He said, "Your didi is almost fine now. Don't worry! But do tell me what actually happened!"

"First you change. I will tell you everything." Ayush tried to gave him an assuring smile.

Both siblings were the same. Their care for others always came before their personal issues. And they made Uttara the same too. There were 15 missed calls on Sanskar's phone from her and many texts. After texting her back, Sanskar rushed out of the room. He was getting a little angry on Shekhar too. His presence was not required anymore in Swara's life. He remembered how he saw Swara folding her hands in front of him. He remembered how he threw his own insecurities in Swara's face. Banning her from her sister's wedding, leaving her in her most vulnerable state, was this really the act of a father!