Chapter 39

Sanskar saw Swara sitting with her head in her hands. Blood was making it's way towards her neck.

"Swara!" Sanskar bent near her and held her hand, " Show me!"

Swara was just looking unbelievably at him. Her eyes pierced Sanskar's soul at once.

Before he could see the proof of his anger, Durga Prasad held Sanskar's hand and pushed him away from Swara a little. His gaze was enough to make Sanskar stand mum.

"Annapurna ji! Take Swara inside." He ordered.

"Bade papa!" Swara tried to say something.

"No explanations beta!" He looked with warmth mixed with authority at her, "Today, elders are gonna talk to him."

Sanskar saw Swara who had tears in her eyes. But these tears were definitely not from physical pain.

As soon as Swara was taken inside, Ram and Durga Prasad stared at him fiercely.

"Sit!" Ram commanded.

Sanskar sat on the couch in front of Durga Prasad. Ram and Adarsh too sat in front of him.  Laksh just sat beside Sanskar.

"Sanskar! I have decided something." Duga Prasad said, "I want you to part ways with Swara."

Sanskar looked up at Durga Prasad all of a sudden.

"Bhai sahab! Parting ways....but why?" Ram was shocked too.

"Papa! Sanskar did this first time only. We all know what he is going through!" Adarsh too spoke.

"No! It's not the first time!" Durga Prasad looked meaningfully at Sanskar.

"What?" Ram exclaimed. With furious gaze, he looked at Sanskar.

"Am I right Sanskar?" Durga Prasad asked. In reply, Sanskar just lowered his head.

"Thia morning, sanskar almost raised his hand on that girl! And now, despite my warning, he pushed her so violently." Durga Prasad said with an anger filled voice.

"How can you do this to your wife?" Adarsh asked furiously, "Is this the way to treat any innocent person?"

"See! If you divorce her, she will definitely feel bad. Maybe traumatized too. But I know she is stronger than we can imagine. She will overcome everything." Durga Prasad started again, " She is independent, self earning and intelligent girl. She is someone who doesn't need anyone in her life to be dependent on!"

"Bade papa! Please!" Sanskar tried to say something.

"No Sanskar! A girl like Swara doesn't deserve a life like this. If you can't love her than don't hurt her too. Her dad is enough to do that." Ram too spoke in favour of her.

"She can take care of Ashna. She can always be her mum. She can always be our family. But she should be nothing of a person who claims to love her but his anger says otherwise." Durga Prasad said and sat back crossed hands.

There was a silence in atmosphere. Sanskar's head was lowered. He was expecting scoldings but these people had directly made the decision.

"So Sanskar! It will take 15 days for divorce papers to be ready. Till then, you should decide what's in your mind! The only thing that I know is Swara should not cry and be safe in your company. If I see you doing such things again, I will make sure that you should never see Swara's face again!" Ram was stern this time.

Sanskar listened everything with his eyes lowered. He would not divorce Swara. He would give love to her. She needs to be taken care of. And more than her, he needs her.