Chapter 20

Morning was greeted by thunderstorm. Rain was pouring down with the greatest intensity. But Swara's mind had a greater thunderstorm. It was 9 in the morning and they had still not returned.

With the mask of a smile on her face, she made sure Sujata had completed her breakfast.

"Don't know how Sanskar met with accident. He is a good driver!" Sujata muttered while having breakfast.

"Maybe the fault is of other driver!" Swara suggested to distract her. Suddenly, doorbell buzzed. Swara saw Shekhar coming in.

After formal greetings, Swara exchanged a look of anticipation with him. He assured her with his eyes.

His phone rang.

"Adarah! Laksh! You both are needed outside!" Shekhar informed, "They have reached!"

Swara's heartbeat raised. Any moment she was about to see Sanskar. God knows in what state he may be!

And the door opened. But it was not Sanskar. A nurse and a wardboy entered with an oxygen cylinder and a few other essential apparatus.

"Tell us the room of Sanskar sir!" They said.

Swara was confused and terrified at the same moment. What had happened to Sanskar!

She guided them to the room. She was instructing them to place the equipments when she heard Sujata calling her. She went outside to see the her nightmare.

"Swara! Swara come here fast!" Sujata was continuously calling her name. Her voice was terrified.

Annapoorna held her hand. Her reaction was justified because in front of her, she was witnessing her son, half unconscious, on a wheelchair, head wrapped up in bandages and right hand in a sling.

Swara felt as if someone fixed wheels on her feet. She never knew she could run so fast. She was expecting Sanskar to be injured, but this was grievous.

"Swara! Is the room ready?" Adarsh asked.

Swara nodded. She opened her mouth to ask why her Sanskar is in this state. Why he is here and not at hospital! He needed to be in ICU.

To her surprise, a few people, around 10 in number, came inside too. She was unable to understand anything. Sanskar was taken inside his room. Swara too tried to enter when Shekhar stopped her.

"Papa! Sanskar.... He..." She could not explain what she wanted.

"We will answer every question later! He needs immediate medical attention!" Shekhar assured her, "Don't worry! Leave him in my hands."

Swara stepped back. She saw the door of her room closing. She turned around to find Sujata, standing in the same level of shock as Swara. Ragini was holding her. Parineeta was giving her water.

Swara saw Durga Prasad and looked at him with lots of questions in her eyes.

Durga Prasad signed towards Sujata. Swara understood.

"Ma! Don't worry! He will be fine!" Swara now had to console Sujata, "It's just he needs a little care."

"He is fine na Swara? You are not lying na!" Sujata's eyes were teary

"Yes ma! He is fine!" Swara lied.

She looked at Ragini who was staring at her too.

"Swara! Ashna and Reyansh! They both will be terrified to see Sanskar like this!" Parineeta waa tensed for the kids too, "I will try to handle them! You stay here only!"

After about 15 minutes, the doors opened. Shekhar peeped outside.

"Swara! It's your room. I can't find a few things. Can you please give it to me!" Shekhar was clearly making bad excuse to take Swara inside.