Chapter 12

Ok guys! I am continuing with the same track!

**********

Sanskar was getting dressed up in his uniform. He took a good look at himself. His head held up with pride but eyes filled up with humbleness. After all, he was receiving the award for his bravery today.

Little Ashna ran towards him, "Papa! You are Superman! Bunny told me that you saved a girl. You are Superman!"

Sanskar bent and kissed her forehead, "And where is your Bunny?"

But looking at Ashna, it was clear that Swara had arrived. Afterall, it was the typical hairstyle for Ashna which Swara used to do.

And then his gaze fell over Swara. She was looking every ounce of beautiful in a light green saree pleated neatly. Minimal jewellery and make up, made her look elegant in every way.

"I wish you could be there!" Sanskar sighed, "But why are you ready today? I mean you look great but...."

"I will watch on television along with rest of the family. And afterall, Ram uncle and Sujata aunty should be your priority, always! And even if a third person would be allowed, You should have taken Badi ma!" Swara said with a smile while straightening his cap.

He looked at her with love. Her eyes were twinkling. He wondered why!

"You know that day, when I saw you like that, I felt my worst fears coming true! I can't afford to lose you, Sanskar! If one day, God needs someone with him up there, and he chooses you, then I will come in between! I won't let you go!" Swara wiped her tears coming trying to come out and ruin her kajal.

"Shhhh! Don't say such words!" Sanskar said.

Swara nodded and smiled back at him, "And about my dress up today, you are getting awarded for something so brave! I am proud and it's my right to dress up according to the occasion na! Even if I am not physically present there, but I will be there na, in your thoughts. So I don't want to be in your thoughts wearing those daily wear kurtas. I want to look good even in your thoughts too, got it?"

Sanskar chuckled but her words were true! When he received the award, he could see Swara, sitting along with Sujata and Ram, in the green saree!

That evening was quite busy in Maheshwari Mansion. A grand party was organised in the mansion. Everyone, ranging from big officers to reputed doctors, were called in there. Afterall, it was the occasion of double happiness, it's 35th wedding anniversary of Ram and Sujata and of course, Sanskar got the award for his bravery.

Dressed up in a black tuxedo, Sanskar was looking absolutely droolworthy. As he moved towards the lawn where the party was actually going on, he stopped in front of children's room. He heard a familiar voice.

"Ashna! Baby see! How well Reyansh got ready! You too get ready soon na!" He heard the voice.

"No bunny! I will get ready only if you catch me first!" Sanskar could see Ashna running here and there and running behind her, was Swara. But she was still not dressed for the party.

Sanskar admired how well she was managing not only Ashna but Reyansh too. Afterall, she was a pediatrician.

He felt his family completed now.  His Ashna got her mother and he, well, he had still not got her wife. She had not confessed her love yet.

But he removed those thoughts. He wanted to get lost in the scene. This was how he imagined his life to be.

Swara suddenly felt someone watching her. She stopped at once and looked at the door. A little blush appeared over her cheek.