Chapter 5

After a good class of Sanskar by durga prasad and Ram, he got nasty glares from both Annapoorna and Sujata. Even Adarsh and Pari refused to talk to him and went away straight. He was left with Laksh and Ragini.

"You are infatuated with her." Laksh said planely.

"Huh!"

"Yes! You are. I know you. I know till what extent you can go to keep someone away from you."

"You are just imagining things."

"I wish I was. But no! You are infatuated with her and that's why you did this. I know you have built walls around you since your divorce but she somehow invaded them. I know my brother can't stoop so low to hurt someone without purpose, that too to fiance of someone who gave his life for you." Laksh said the last words looking straight into his eyes.

Sanskar looked away and tried to leave the room when Laksh blocked his way,"You were the one who was too nice to say even a word to Kavita when you found her cheating with your best friend. You just smiled and signed divorce papers."

"I suppose I don't want to talk about that ."

"You were too nice not to say anything to your best friend too. And here you are, presenting yourself as a bad person since last three years. Do you think I have never noticed you coming in this room and kissing Ashna good night every night after she sleeps despite knowing that she is the love child of Kavita and your best friend!"

"Shut up Laksh!" Sanskar's rage fumed. His glare had such a power that made even Ragini shiver.

"Ashna is my daughter! She is my child! I don't care whose blood she is, I know that she is a part of my heart and this is clear." Sanskar was boiling with anger.

Ragini stood up and came towards Sanskar. Her eyes were wet,"Then accept her bhaiya! Give her love. She needs your love."

"Maybe I am not the one who can give her the love she deserves. Maybe I am not enough for anyone. That's what Kavita said and I know it's true. I know I can give just pain to anyone. And it's better that good people should stay away from me." Heavy voice of Sanskar got choked by his own tears. He finally turned around and left the room.

"I am too concerned for Sanskar bhaiya!" Ragini said.

"Me too Ragu! But it's good, at least someone could break those ice walls of his heart." Laksh said.

It was more than a week since that incident. Sanskar was still sulking and guilt tripping himself after the incident.

He was in his cabin when his phone rang. It was from his friend, Yuvraj Singhaniya.

"Hey yuvi! What's up?"

"What what's up ha! You have to be there for Yash's party."

"Yar! You know very well na! These parties and celebration related to marriages, i can't come!"

"See! Yash and Suhani are celebrating their 1st marriage anniversary. You did not attend their marriage. We all understood. But this time, you have to be there."

"But...."

"If you don't come, we all will come to your office and kidnap you. Got it!"

Sanskar was unwilling to go there. Anything which reminded him of Kavita, he didn't want to indulge. For this reason, he had missed all the weddings of his college mates. The one, who used to be the light of parties, had been forgotten in darkness.

Swara was writing prescription of her last patient when her phone rang again. This was 12th call she was ignoring. But Suhani was more adamant. Swara switched off the phone and winded up her work. As soon as she stepped out of her cabin, she was grabbed by four hands.